My husband I stayed at Couples San Souci from February 6-13, 2006. This was our third trip to Jamaica but first one to Couples. We have always stayed at Sandals resorts over the past few years to avoid small children. We booked this trip through Sunquest and expected the spa treatments that were advertised in their printed trip brochures. Upon arrival we learned that the treatments are no longer included in the trip price. Sunquest did not inform us or our travel agent of the change when we booked. We did not let that disappointment ruin our trip. The resort, while a little dated is very clean, comfortable beds and great towels. The service was outstanding and the food better than most Sandals. As well, we also enjoyed the entertainment very much.
We stayed in D Block - had lots of water pressure and hot water. Room service never took more than 20-30 minutes and was always exactly what we ordered. We enjoyed the Italian & French restaurant equally. We were never disappointed with serving size or menu options. I think this resort has the best chefs and particularly pastry chefs in the Caribbean. They are lacking a wine list. It is either white or red. We would have been willing to pay a little extra for a bottle of good wine.
Beaches were nice and private. We were never once bothered by vendors and appreciated that very much. Pools were clean and well maintained. The mineral pool was outstanding.
The spa was a little overpriced in my estimation. We booked a Couples massage that we had in a stone outbuilding right over the sea - heaven, as the music was the waves crashing against the rocks and a soft afternoon rain falling. Our massages were wonderful but ended up costing us $180 USD for 50 minutes - as well as a tip. We pay $60.00 CDN for one hour here.
I would definiely return to this resort but would either fly from Montego Bay or wait until the road is complete - it has a long way to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios