My husband and I stayed at CSS from Sept. 6 through 13 and we had a great experience.
Room. Our room was clean and mold free. TV and A/C working properly, mini bar re-filled everyday and housekeeping twice a day, what more can you ask for? Yes, there were renovations going on there during our stay (I think they were finishing up blocks A and B) but it didn’t bother us. Like everyone else says, you have two choices of rooms: the once that are close to the beach, beach bar and Palazzina restaurant, which they call beach-front Jacuzzi rooms, and the once that are on top of the stairs, which have a great view of the ocean and sunset.
Food and Drinks. Our favorite place to eat was Palazzina for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is an outdoor place with great views overlooking the ocean. At breakfast it was almost always empty because they serve it from 7 to 11am, so you don’t have to rush yourself in the morning. Awesome omelet station and decent choices of fruit, juices, and pastry. Lunch is served from 12:30 to 5 pm with different choices of meat, fish, vegetables, soups and salads. Dinner menu has good appetizers but for the main course I would advise to stick to the dinner special. We went to the Cassanova restaurant once and although the place looks a little more chic, the food was just OK. Beach grill serves delicious fries, jerk pork and chicken till 5am, we had many late night snacks there and everything was quite tasty. All blended drinks taste almost the same, so be specific of what exactly it is you want in your drink.
The Beach. Hanna and Ike did have a bit of effect on the clarity of water, our first 2 days I was a bit disappointed because there was a lot of seaweed on the beach and water looked a bit muddy. But the beach was all cleaned up by the staff and the water became that amazing turquoise color again by our 3rd day. I strongly recommend to do as many water activities as possible, we went on boat rides, scuba, snorkeling – we did it all! We never had any issues finding shade at the beach and it was never crowded. The hotel grounds are magnificent and very well kept.
The People! I love, absolutely love, everyone from CSS. Forgive me if I forget some names but Kimberly, Camoy, Nora, Hakeem, Nadia, Nolan, Christopher, Doran, Adrian, Garsia, Tamika and many many others, who made our stay pleasurable and truly worry-free – I hope to come back to CSS and see you guys again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios