We stayed at CSS from 10/3 – 10/8. First before I give a review of the hotel, for anyone flying on Air Jamaica be prepared for very long delays and outright cancellations. We left out on Friday 10/3 and our flight was delayed several hours due to mechanical problems and flight crew delays. Once we finally arrived in MBJ several hours later, it was raining so hard we had to wait an additional two hours for our luggage to be unloaded.
The trip to CSS took well over three hours because of the rain, also people were drinking so much we had to make extra stops so they could have a smoke break and use the rest room. Once we arrived at CSS I told the receptionist we requested a room in the hill, private, top floor. We were given room D11. D11 is small, the balcony sits right on the path to the lobby and has a view of a tree. I called down to request another room and they agreed to change our room the next day. One more thing about D11, the shower sits right next to the toilet with no curtain, so no matter how hard you try, once you shower, half of the bathroom will get wet.
After all of that we decided to get room service. It came within the hour but everything was ice cold. The next day things started to look up. The weather was perfect, the breakfast buffet was wonderful and, although we had to wait the entire day to change rooms, once we did, it was worth it. We were moved to room G8 and it was lovely.
We had diner at Pallazina and Casanova, both were great.
The beach is small and rocky, but for the most part quiet.
All in all I don’t think we will be returning to CSS. The refurbishing really just amounts to a coat of paint and a couple of newer TV’s. They took no real effort to really make the rooms/bathrooms nice.
But, the stay was not bad. So if you have already booked, no need to panic, you will have a great time. The grounds are beautiful, the food/drinks are good and the staff is great. I just think they took the cheep way out instead of really investing in the place.
Coming home, Air Jamaica cancelled our direct flight from MBJ back to Chicago, we had to Fly from MBJ, to Kingston, then back to Chicago, a process that resulted in a several hour delay. Never again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios