My fiance and I returned from Sans Souci yesterday and were relieved to be back in Toronto. We travel to Jamaice three times yearly, and this was our first and last time to stay at this hotel, and use this hotel brand.
Upon arrival, our check-in clerk gave us a double-bedroom room which we did not book. After returning to the check-in area, we were told that our presidential suite would not be ready for 2.5 hrs! We were unable to change, and were forced to eat lunch without freshining up.
After lunch, we waited another 1/2 hr to enter our room. As we walked in, the room was as old as my grandmother. Cracks on the tiles on the flooring, holes in the towels used for showering, rust in the bathtub (huge areas of rust), broken kleenex holder, cracks on the toilet seat and old shampoo and bath wash bottles with crack.
Don't get me mistaken, the customer service was par and food was good - not 5 star though.
I would not leave my comfortable home, without cracks everwhere, to stay, which felt like a prison, in an un-kept bedroom. I honestly feel that I can cook better food at home.
The grouds were beautiful and the views are spectacular; however, the views and grouds at many other resorts (secrets st. james, secets wild orchid and iberostar) are just the same.
My fiance and I are extremely disappointed and cannot believe that we had to ensure staying in jail for 4 days.
If you are seeking a luxury resort, do not choose couples sans souc as there are far better options, which are cheaper, available.
For the nature lovers who want rest and relaxation surrounded by coutless trees, this is for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios