we had originally booked to go to couples ocho rios but were moved to san souci instead.
the downsides....too many steps, not for anyone whos not steady on their feet.
lying on the beach there were renovations going on simultaneously in d block and b block. unfortunately there were kangos, drilling, hammering and planing machines going all day long...even up until 9.45 one evening. we reported this to guest services and was told it would be addressed. it did stop in the evening....when the managers cocktail party was on or the gala night!!
rooms were ok, a bit tatty round the edges but clean enough to sleep there.
we were expecting the all inclusive trips to be the same as the ones we originally had at ocho rios. but, we were told the catamaran cruise couldnt be done as it couldnt get in to the shore. after much wrangling and getting the virgin rep involved the hotel agreed to let us have the martha brae rafting trip and the hotel paid for that.
casanova restaurant we tried once and hubby...who has guts of steel...was violently ill..we didnt go back there.
we repeatedly tried to book water-skiing lesson, only to be told that the boat was out of action. but, if we wanted to pay $70 for a champagne cruise..it was suddenly seaworthy again.
the good points...
palazzina restaurant...lovely food every time we ate there.
bella vista...great food
the staff are lovely...especially machel, trainee at the palazzina, and nadia, also at the pallazzina.
all in all we found the place boring. the evening entertainment was quite good but the balloon bar ambience was ruined every night with drunks screeching at the top of their lungs at what was meant to be a sing-a-long...i expect loutish behaviour at a cheap resort in spain not at couples.
i would rate this a 3-4 star-purely for the food and the wonderful landscaping.
would i go back? never!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios