We just returned from our weeklong honeymoon at San Souci. It was fantastic! The food, the service, the room, the pools, the beaches. All just wonderful! Was everything perfect? No but is anything?
Being greeted after getting our luggage and taken into an air conditioned room with wata and Red Stripe and clean bathrooms is a great way to start. Our driver kept us entertained on the nearly 2-hour trip. We learned so much! Met at the resort with a cool cloth and glass of champagne and led right in to get our room. We were escorted to our room and it was great! Large balcony, 2 bathrooms, stocked mini-bar as we requested. Perfect! Room was a bit dated but who cares? We were barely in our room! We took a walk, got lost, and then got a ride to where we wanted to go. There are TONS of stairs but it helps keep you from gaining weight from the amazing food!
The beach bar was good, maybe too much syrup in some but still great. The swim up bar, I felt, had better quality drinks because they tasted less syrupy. Byron was great! Jamaican Delights are fabulous!
Water sports were very fun! Derron, a lifeguard, sang all the time and he is talented! Snorkeling, hydro-bikes, paddles boats, and the ocean kayaks were great ways to spend our time.
The beaches are nice. We only went to Sunset beach after 6 so we didn't experience the nudity. The main beach is quiet and we loved the little pier to sit on in the middle of the swimming area. We didn't like the little sandy area by the fitness area because there were lots of bees!
Our favorite daytime hangout was the mineral pool. It's quiet and relaxing.
The spa was great too! Ruth and Kenneth took care of us.
The restaurants are also wonderful. Make reservations for Casanova and for Pallazinna. The Beach Grille is great and no reservations are needed. It's called something else for dinner but it's the same place with different food. Kemal was our server the first time we ate there and remembered our names all week, as did most of the staff. Our favorite dinner spot was Pallazinna. The pasta bar is great and the food is yummy! Oshawn was our favorite server at Casanova. Breakfast and lunch at Pallazinna is a buffet with different stations inside and out. Again, YUMMY. Kerdaine is very friendly and makes every visit better. Room service was ok. Good fruit but selection at Pallazinna is way better. The chips for the nachos were stale. The best snack place is Charlie's Bar. It's a veggie bar with a small menu to choose from as well as great smoothies! The pumpkin-jalapeño dip is unbelievably delicious! Nickoy is quiet but quite funny as he serves and cooks for you.
Our favorite nighttime spot was the Martini Bar. Kimberly and Q are so kind and thoughtful. I couldn't get enough of the Flirtinis. I wish we had discovered it earlier! It's only open 5-9 and not at all on Tuesdays or Fridays.
Make sure you ask for your mini bar to be restocked before 2 AM or it won't be.
We always had new towels even if we hung them up to say we would reuse them. New ones were there after the room was cleaned and new ones were there after the nightly turn-down service.
The guest services people and the tour desk people are so friendly and helpful...even when we got on the wrong tour bus and messed up our trip and another couple's trip, they took care of us.
We are already trying to see when we can go back. We love the relaxing atmosphere and the friendly staff who welcomed us daily by name. Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios