Like other recient reviews we wondered whether or not to write a review but decided we needed to add out comments to support those already made and a few points of our own.
This was our third visit to this hotel. We were suprised at just how badly the rooms had deteriorated. Our shower room had tiles that were comming away from the floor and the actual shower head was broken so that it just sent out a single trickle of water. We eventually had it fixed but only after repeated requests and a final visit to the front desk to insist on getting it repaired.
On the subject of the front desk - do they ever smile? In comparison to the rest of the staff who really do make up for the decaying hotel I always felt that they were doing us a favor just being there! Given that they are the first contact with the hotel they really need to get their act together.
We are not fans of the buffet beach party and Gala nights. Our choice but we really would like to see one other dining option available on those nights as we know we are not the only people who prefer to be served. The New Year's Eve Gala night as others have said was a prime example of why we dislike buffets - badly organised with people milling around in a small space, food picked over by those ahead of you or run out if a more popular option.
We did not stay for the entertainment but like many people retreated to a bar and then our room.
We were pleased to see that on this visit there were no early towels out blocking off beds (with exceptions) and free beds were available throughout the day. I speak only of Sun Set Beach (SSB) as we did not use the main beach. On a previous visit by 8am all the beds on SSB had been taken. We did notice though towards the end of our visit that larger groups of repeaters were arriving and started to block out large sections of beds.
At the end of the holiday we both agreed we would like to be able to return but some serious remedial work has to be done on the rooms. If we were giving the rooms a rating by European standards I suspect they would struggle to make 2* - looking at the state of our tiles and the mould growing out from them that would only be if the Public Health Inspectors had not shut the hotel down first.
Come on Couples you cannot trade of the goodwill of repeat visitors who are perhaps more forgiving that first time guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios