We stayed in a Beachfront Suite. The room was very spacious and exceeded our expectations. We would live there if we could. The room had everything we wanted with a very comfortable bed, Jacuzzi tub, a terrace with a beautiful Ocean view, fully stocked mini bar and room service. The grounds were beautiful and always seemed clean. All amenities were included, with no hidden charges. If you notify the resort you are coming for your honeymoon a week or two in advance, they will even throw in a free couples massage at the spa, and a bottle of champagne with fruit and cheese plate. The staff was all very friendly. Some of our favorites were Tony the Tiger at the Pool bar, Peter at the Beach Bar, Tanisha our favorite server, and Luna our housekeeper for most of the week, but everybody on staff from the Servers and Chefs to the Spa Staff, the Housekeeping crew, the Activities/Water Sports Crew, and the Mangers were top notch and went out of their way to make us feel at home during our stay. The food was great at all of the restaurants, and the drinks were just as good. Our favorite thing to eat was actually the Mediterranean Pasta station at Palazzina. The Beach Grill/Bella Vista was also very good, and Casa Nova was nice but a little too fancy for our tastes. The bars and entertainment were a a good time as well. There was always something to do, yet no pressure to participate if you just wanted to spend some time alone in your room or on the beach. We could not have asked for a more luxurious and romantic honeymoon.
Top 10 Extras offered for free at Couples that you would most likely pay for at other resorts:
1. Dunn's River Falls Excursion (Awsome time, other resorts charge $80 + per person)
2. Margaritaville Excursion (didn't do this one, but heard great things)
3. Motorized water sports and glass bottom boat (I water skied for free, fun times)
4. Scuba Diving (Beginner's scuba lessons and trip are included in the price)
5. Honeymoon Massage and Champagne Package
6. Free Room Service
7. Premium liquors
8. Shopping Trips to Downtown Ocho Rios a couple times weekly
9. In room Wifi
10. Fully stocked Minibar (pop, juice, water, beer and liquor)
We had a great time overall and will most likely be back every 5 years for our anniversary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios