It is hard to find the words to express how amazing our trip was here. If you ask us, we stayed at the BEST resort in all of Jamaica.We rented the one private villa on the property, but from talking with other guests, it was a great vacation regardless of what room you had. The hibiscus cottage was amazing though, private hot tub, hammock, INCREDIBLE views...EVERYTHING. We went for our honeymoon so wanted the perfect mix of privacy and things to do and this def was perfect.
The water sports area and the employees that ran that area were the best, EVER!! We made friends with them, went on various trips on boats and even fell in love with snorkeling on this trip. The Captain, Maliki, I believe was a treat to be out on the water with and really made the trip special! There is SO much to do....sit and relax in a beach chair, grab some food, have drinks at the beach bar, windsurf, learn to scuba dive, snorkel, sunset boat rides.....you name it, it's included!!!
The terrain is beautiful - hidden pools, mineral pools, hot tubs, garden areas, hammocks, and waterfalls are everywhere. You see little lizards and doves all over during the day, which are really cool....and the frogs serenade you to sleep. On top of that, the bird life was impressive - egrets, pelicans and even the occasional Frigatebird - which was a real treat.
Overall the staff was incredible - everyone remembered you. Whether they checked you in when you get there or waited on you at dinner - they remembered you EVERY time they saw you! We also went on the Dunns River Falls trip and it met all expectations and gave us an opportunity to haggle with some locals for some souvenirs.
I am sure from all the capital letters in the review you can see how much we enjoyed it - I would recommend this place over and over and over again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, TravelUp, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios