“Happily ever after...”

Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Saraland, Alabama, United States
“Happily ever after...”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This review is actually 3 years late.... My husband and I eloped to this tropical paradise to be wed. It was everything we wanted and needed. The resort was absolutely gorgeous. We would walk around just to look at the pretty flowers and plants...
The rooms were big and comfy... We ordered room service on many lazy afternoons... This week just happened to have a hurricane brewing and was rainy most days but it allowed us to hide out in the rooms until it was over. (Oct 30-nov6) we met some incredible ppl who we invited to witness our wedding. The staff was awesome and never looked miserable. They made our stay so relaxing... We adopted their mantra "no problems mon"...
Our wedding planner was very thorough, the photographer took amazing photos, and the minister was amazing. It was raining really bad on the morning of our wedding day and my hair and makeup lady was late, which upset me... I was crying and stressed bc it was my wedding day... However, I then got this overwhelming feeling of guilt... I was mad bc this poor lady had to travel through this rough weather, through those rough roads, and leave her kids/family at home to cater to my needs... I was very grateful that she finally made it there and glad she was safe... The ceremony was everything I dreamed... The rain held off all the way until we took our last wedding picture...
I enjoyed all the amenities on the resort. We got to ride on the sailboat which was a highlight of our stay. We took the kayaks, hydro bikes, and paddle boats out. There was a volleyball game in the pool which , my hubby partook as I cheered... The restaurants were superb... The breakfast was my fave since I am a morning person and love eating breakfast foods... I got sick one day nothing food related but I think it was my allergies... Or from traveling... But the nurse was very caring, although I did have to purchase ,meds from the gift shop which was expensive but I was sick so didn't care... So bring plenty of meds for anything that might happen...
We kept a drink in hand the whole time... We spent most days on the beach listening to the sounds of paradise... We have been back to Jamaica twice since not to the same resort but we love it here. Two thumbs up... Also, you can bring your own insulated cup to keep your drink cold.

Room Tip: We liked being on the higher floors. Bring your own insulated cup. There's a long ride from The...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Theresa R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,261)
Prince Edward Island, Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I, sister and brother in law just visited Sans Souci Aug 31 - Sept 7th and we had a wonderful time. It was our 6th visit and their first. Thanks so much to Pierre and staff for upgrading us to the Hibiscus Cottage. This is one of the reasons that they have so many repeaters - they truly appreciate and reward people who continue to make Sans Souci their top vacatin choice year after year and sometimes more than once per year. The food has actually gotten even better - hard to believe I know but the repeaters dinner was amazing! We always meet such great people when we visit and it makes the vacation even more enjoyable that the resort is set up so that you can be on your own as much as you want or socialiaze as much as you want. The staff is great - yes that is you Ziggy, Andrew, Dalton, Spagetti, Linguine, and many many more. The cottage is wonderful and we will never forget being able to through an island kitchen party in Jamaica! The Spa massages and treatments are as always wonderful - thanks to Joan and all the ladies there. The Cassanova (Milton and Vivian were our servers or should I say entertainers) was excellant as always - the flavours are incredible. A big shout out to a wonderful hard working photographer Cheval - great job on the photos. All I can say is once you go, you know.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank kdpei_8
st. catherine
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The experience that my wife and I had at couples sans souci was second to none. every aspect of our experience was great. the activities were great and eventful the tour guides made the event look simple and harmless. The food was exceptional. the entire staff is very friendly and hospitable. they exemplify what good customer service is all about. Great work! I would recommend this hotel to any and everyone. splendid!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: rooms are exceptions. B24 awesome..
2 Thank marcus b
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Just back from a week at Couples Sans Souci (Aug 31 - Sep 7). Context: My wife Mary and I have been to Jamaica some 20 times now, and for the past few years have gone 3 times a year. We have stayed most often in Negril, but have also stayed in MoBay, Falmouth, and Port Antonio area. This was our first time to Ocho, and second visit to a Couples resort (stayed at Couples on 7-mile a couple of years ago).

What a lovely resort. The grounds were beautiful and well-kept, very lush. The resort itself is replete with steps, and getting from place to place generally requires a bit on climbing...and if you've ever spent a week eating at a resort, you'll know how thankful we were for the enforced exercise! We stayed in D-block (D6...you want room D7), so it was one flight down to the main beach. Lots to explore at this resort, which at first seems a bit smallish. From the three beaches (main, au natural and secret) to the various pools (main, au natural and mineral), to Charlie's grotto, there are lots of places tucked away to explore and enjoy.

The main beach was well kept, and because we were there off season, there was never a problem with beach chairs. Of course, we never actually sat on the main beach, so it was a moot issue. We spent our beach time on the au natural side. That beach (au natural) was a bit rocky in the water, but the beach itself was bit, lots of palapas and chairs, along with a pool and swim-up bar, beach grill, and more. It was well set up, and you could bring your beach bag and stay the day. Good thing, because it's a bit of a hike from the main beach.

Side note: one day we were on the beach and over comes a group visiting for the day from Couples Tower Isle (you have privileges at both resorts). Well, the leader of their merry band was not a happy camper. In the first few seconds, we all learned about his horrific trek from the lobby where they were dropped off to the beach, and OMG the stairs, the stairs!!! Within 5 minutes, we all heard how much better (and I mean really, really, REALLY better) Tower Isle was than this place, and how he wasn't going to waste his $600/day sitting here for one more minute!! (I don't think he got a very good deal.) They left. Whew. Just the energy it took to listen to the guy was exhausting. To close the circle, we visited Tower Isle the next day, and it was definitely different. The Tower Isle itself (the nude part) looked like Alcatraz, only accessible by boat shuttle, not a bit of sand, all concrete and naked tourists jammed into a pool trapped on an island. Yup, really, really, REALLY better. Nope. The fellow also told us (when we asked him what he thought of the locals) that he never leaves the compound. No kidding. Anyway, back to our story...

The staff at CSS were all very friendly and outgoing, and that's a plus. The food was typical, plentiful, and tasty enough. We're not big on resort entertainment, and so I'll just say it was there, it was typical, it was fine, and many people seemed to enjoy it. We went out to eat a couple of nights, but not because there wasn't anything to eat at the resort. :)

Back to the nude beach for a second. One of the highlights for us was the river that entered the sea just beside the beach. It was cool, clean water meeting the sea in interesting currents, and great to swim in. Better, though, was the fact that the river was home to several locals who were happy to hang out with us, and let us play with their puppies. (My wife was in heaven.) We would bring our breakfast leftovers every day and hand-feed sausage and bacon to three furry little bundles, who would then curl up in our laps and fall asleep. (The puppies, not the Jamaicans.)

What else? The rooms were very nice, well set up. I have read "dated" in other reviews, but we didn't feel that at all.

All in all, it was a great trip, we enjoyed the resort and the area, and would recommend it.

Room Tip: D-block is up one flight of stairs from the beach with great views. D-7 is the best room. We were in...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
14 Thank John C
United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I try to escape to Sans Souci 2x a year, we love it there that much. The people, the au natural beach and the food are a few of the reasons we keep going back, over 20 times we've been there. Rooms are dated but clean, entertainment needs an update-it's getting a bit stale,other than that, a great place to vacation. Main beach is small and au natural beach is bigger, keep that in mind because main beach gets pretty crowded.

• Stayed March 2013
5 Thank panamadiva
San Diego
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Couples Sans Souci is a fabulous resort. Food is fabulous. I cannot think of one thing I ate while there that was not over the top delicious, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Fruit was always fresh, cold items cold and warm items warm. The beach gala was over the top, there was so much available to try, you could not possibly do it.

The staff is always friendly, accommodating and willing to do their best to make your stay memorable. The dining staff was great, beach and swim up bars so fun. Always wanting to remember you, greet you with a smile.

The buildings do show some age and in many cases are not what you would see in the US. It is Jamaica, not the US. I have been in Europe, Hawaii, Central America and it is still my favorite for value, fun and my desire to return. Not to say I wont return to all of the above, but Couples resorts are special. I have stayed in the other "foot ware" resort and will not go again. Couples beats them hands down for quality and value.

Room Tip: Try the D,E blocks. I have been in both. I think the F and G blocks are also great for the view an...
5 Thank rjamesSanDiego
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My fiance and I honeymooned at San Souci in August. We had a wonderful time! There is definitely a mix of an older and younger crowd, to my surprise. The food is mediocre, but what you would expect at an all-inclusive. Definitely make reservations at Casanova - they had the best food out of all 3 restaurants (men- you cannot wear shorts! They will turn you away). Drinks were always flowing and the staff was SO incredibly nice.

The grounds were well-kept, although the rooms could have some updating done. We stayed in D block and had a great view of the beach and ocean. Our shower was HUGE and had windows that looked out onto the ocean- could fit 5 people. Some of tiles were falling off the walls, though and there were stains on the tile floor in the room.

Be prepared to walk up ALOT of stairs as the resort half sits on a cliff. D block sits on the cliff as well as E. If you want a gorgeous sunset, head to the nude beach (you can be clothed after 5 p.m., but if you want to go there during the day, they expect you to be fully nude).

The water sports are very convenient and right on the beach. Honeymooners -- you get a complimentary couples massage- make sure you take advantage of it! They massage you in little gazebos right over the ocean...amazing.

The location is a little less than 2 hours away, and the drivers there are pretty intense, so make sure you buckle up. The ride to the resort is very eye opening as there is much poverty. Lots to take in.

The Dunn's Falls waterfall package is included and highly recommended.

MONEY: You do not need to pay for anything at the resort unless you want a spa package, upgraded water activities, something at the gift shop, jewelry store, or to (discretely) tip the staff. Also, you DO NOT need to exchange US money to Jamaican money. They accept US dollars and if you don't use all your exchanged money (should you end up exchanging it), it will cost you more to buy it back. If you feel more comfortable exchanging, only do a small amount (maybe $100 US).

If you want a VERY RELAXING vacation (literally just beaching, drinking and eating), I would highly recommend. The bar closes @ 1 a.m. but other than that there is no real late-night nightlife. This is a place for relaxing! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: A+B block is right in front of the beach and close to Pallazinna and the beach bar. They are also ne...
5 Thank Meg070
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
#15 of 85 in Negril
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort

Been to Couples Sans Souci? Share your experiences!