This review is actually 3 years late.... My husband and I eloped to this tropical paradise to be wed. It was everything we wanted and needed. The resort was absolutely gorgeous. We would walk around just to look at the pretty flowers and plants...
The rooms were big and comfy... We ordered room service on many lazy afternoons... This week just happened to have a hurricane brewing and was rainy most days but it allowed us to hide out in the rooms until it was over. (Oct 30-nov6) we met some incredible ppl who we invited to witness our wedding. The staff was awesome and never looked miserable. They made our stay so relaxing... We adopted their mantra "no problems mon"...
Our wedding planner was very thorough, the photographer took amazing photos, and the minister was amazing. It was raining really bad on the morning of our wedding day and my hair and makeup lady was late, which upset me... I was crying and stressed bc it was my wedding day... However, I then got this overwhelming feeling of guilt... I was mad bc this poor lady had to travel through this rough weather, through those rough roads, and leave her kids/family at home to cater to my needs... I was very grateful that she finally made it there and glad she was safe... The ceremony was everything I dreamed... The rain held off all the way until we took our last wedding picture...
I enjoyed all the amenities on the resort. We got to ride on the sailboat which was a highlight of our stay. We took the kayaks, hydro bikes, and paddle boats out. There was a volleyball game in the pool which , my hubby partook as I cheered... The restaurants were superb... The breakfast was my fave since I am a morning person and love eating breakfast foods... I got sick one day nothing food related but I think it was my allergies... Or from traveling... But the nurse was very caring, although I did have to purchase ,meds from the gift shop which was expensive but I was sick so didn't care... So bring plenty of meds for anything that might happen...
We kept a drink in hand the whole time... We spent most days on the beach listening to the sounds of paradise... We have been back to Jamaica twice since not to the same resort but we love it here. Two thumbs up... Also, you can bring your own insulated cup to keep your drink cold.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios