Couples Sans Souci
  • Pool
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
  • Breakfast included
4,128 results
All reviewsmineral poolballoon barbella vistasunset beachsan souciau natural beachb blockmain beachbeachfront suitestarlight galacasanova restaurantroom servicefriday night galamineral grottonooks and cranniessmoothie barin room dining
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My hubby and I just got back from 10 days at couples sans souci. We had a terrific honeymoon!
Upon arrival we were greeted with Champagne in our room and a voucher for a free couples massage - it was so great we went back to the spa a second time. We also purchased the upgraded "Forever Yours" package and had a lovely private beach dinner, more champagne and more spa vouchers.

The food was amazing, and the grounds of the hotel are beautiful. The staff was helpful, friendly and got us everything we needed! Especially Anthony at the pool bar - he's our newest best friend.
I highly suggest going over to the nude beach to watch the sunset - after 5 you can wear clothes on the beach - such a beautiful spot!
I have no complaints...except the walk down approx 100 steps to get to the beach/pool. Though the walk was so scenic and pretty, it was worth it! Also, the beach is very small - but we prefer the pool, so that was Ok with us. The nude beach is much nicer, though we personally weren't very comfortable with that - we did enjoy the sunset there.

Our room was in the F block near the lobby, and we were able to enjoy the live music on Showtime nights from our balcony.

Highly suggested resort!

Love,
Mr. & Mrs. Bones :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the F block near the lobby - Private one-bedroom suite with a separate living-room area. Spacious, clean and perfect for younger people who don't mind all of the steps down to the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dorothy B
Reviewed July 12, 2013

As usual the welcome was great. We had to wait for our room til 1, so we went to the beach grill and had lunch. Our first room was on the third floor above the lawn in b block and had a great view. The rain caused a leak and three days later we were in a block in a second floor room. The view was of the pool and out the front door was the lagoon. Both rooms were great.
We enjoyed the beach buffets, the returnee dinner, and the 4th of July gala, but the best meals were lobster at Casanovas and breakfast with Edgar the omelet king. We enjoyed the works pizza for lunch at the beach grill as well as the buffet at Pallazina. We love to read so we spent a lot of time in the first palapa to the right of the beach bar. But the games were great at the pool and we would go over for trivia etc. We have lots of friends who go at the same time and we had a blast with all of them. The staff is the best and I really enjoyed the snorkeling (4 trips). The best part was that I got to spend time with my wife, left the phone in the safe, and got to read for fun. I love the singing and entertainment, and just the great crowd of guests who really make our time there great. Oh, and Cecil helped us make hats this year, and they will be cherished forever.

Room Tip: Beach front is very close to the action, but the views up the hill are once in a lifetime.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Worldtex
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This site really helped me decide that San Souci was the perfect choice for us! Our goal was simple, to just relax and enjoy our love in a beautiful, natural and peaceful setting. We were enchanted within the first few moments. Even though we were a little tired from our travel day, we decided to take a five minute walk around the property. Well, two hours later we made it back to our room! There were so many wonderful secret little spots, filled with unique character an soothing energy. The place just beckoned to us, the water was beautiful and the night sounds incredibly serene.
Our room was comfortable, clean, and located well. We stayed in the B block on the third floor, close to everything and very convenient. The bed and pillows were exceptional.
The food was delicious at all of the eating spots, and the Beach Party and Gala were really amazing productions of food, drinks and entertainment.
Edgar, at the Pallanzina omlette bar had what I could say about all of the staff, a wonderful love of life and a sincere desire to serve. Friendly, warm, funny and can whip up one heck of a fresh omlette!
Phillip, at the watersports taught me to Scuba Dive! Another dream come true. If you have the urge, he was a great instructer, the pool course was thorough and left us all confident and excited for our first dive on the reef. The dive and lesson were included, I was able to do a second wreck dive for a very reasonable fee. So glad I did it.
We spent most of our days on the Natural Beach, natural sounds a better fit than nude. It was private and discreet, and the beach was more beautiful. There is also a large pool, as well as food. The pool bartenders made us great drinks, you must try the "Seduction", after a few of those we felt a lot more comfortable and free. The people were friendly and the pool vollyball game spirited!
And thank you Andre, for showing us how to find the really cool shells!
I was also interested to see how many repeat guests were there. Many of those people have seen a lot more of the vacation scene than I. They all want to return to San Souci. And now I know why, you fall in love.
Oh, I hope Crackers comes back! He flew the coop while we were there and it looks like he found a taste of freedom. Just like we did.

5  Thank 585Tom
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Having loved Couples Negril last summer, we tried something with a different vibe this year, at Couples San Souci. I would give it 4.5 stars if this site would allow me, but I'll tip the scale to a full 5 based on the beauty of the property and the fantastic amenities on the AN side of the resort.

Quick comparison - CN vs. CSS:
Negril/Bloody Bay is hands down the best beach. We knew to expect a smaller, rockier beach at CSS, so that was no surprise. We brought water shoes (For Dunns River), which came in handy trying to enter the water from the AN beach. A river dumps right into the ocean on the AN side at CSS, so the water is a mix of warm and very cold currents. We spent half a day at the smaller clothed beach just to enjoy the warm ocean (you don't need water shoes on the regular beach). I also give the edge to Negril for food and service.

Most Beautiful award goes to CSS; the grounds are amazing. The landscaping is lush and perfectly compliments the winding stairs, decks and patios scattered around the property...It obviously takes a crew of many to achieve the look, but the natural elegance was stunning. CN is all about the beach, large and wide, soft and white, while CSS is a mixture of jungle, cliff and beach and feels as if it was carved into the mountain side.

The AN parts of these two resorts are night and day, and based on many conversations I had, lots of folks pick CSS strictly for the AN beach. It is the nicest/largest beach on the property, has a grotto pool with waterfall, full service swim up bar and lunch counter with food served most all day, plenty of palapas on the beach and lounge chairs at the pool and on sand. CN only has a hedged off section for AN sunbathers with a hot tub. If you are hesitant to try this side of the resort, go at least once...you'll meet some of the friendliest people on the resort! No judgement, no pretenses, just good folks who like to laugh and have fun.

Things we loved at CSS:
Scenery - gorgeous views, lovely property to walk and explore
AN beach - loved the amenities; appreciate that they really monitor the curious visitors who show up before 6pm clothed and ushers them out if they are not willing to go AN.
Room service - unlike CN, CSS offers in-room dining all day; we utilized this a few times, very good
Room location - we couldn't have been happier with the location of our room, B block, ground floor (our phone didn't work and our tv remote had no batteries, but both issues were resolved promptly).
Service - although I give a slight edge to CN, our overall experience with the staff was very good...Milton at Casanova and Tony at the clothed swim up bar were fantastic. Also the gals at the AN swim up bar (didn't get their names).
Sunsets - AN beach turns to Sunset Beach at 6pm and open to all....our last night we caught a gorgeous sunset.
July 4th Gala - such a large production the resort put on...huge buffet, entertainment on stage under the stars, very nice

Just like at CN, CSS embodies the Couples approach - no privilege levels, armbands or towel cards, etc. Just an easy, carefree vibe and smiles all around - never a "no", only "yea, mon!".

Reasons I'd give CSS 4.5 stars:
Rooms - need some attention; we knew this going in so our expectations were met. If you are hoping to find glitzy rooms like in MX, you will be underwhelmed. It was clean and functional.
Beach - again, mostly prepared for what we got, was disappointed the AN ocean was as cold and as rough getting in as it turned out to be.
Food options - did not feel as "extensive" as CN.
The transfer - felt much longer than CN...did not enjoy it this time. Drivers were great though, no complaints with them :)

We would absolutely visit this resort again. It will be a tough call on which property we'll choose next!

6  Thank confetti70
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a full week at Couples Sans Souci, celebrating our 10th anniversary. From the second we arrived on the resort property, we were in love!!! Check in was fast and simple, and we were given a glass of chilled champagne and a cold towel. Our luggage was quickly taken to our room (Dahlia 06) and we settled in for the week.

The room was darling. Nice tile, huge bed, comfy pillows! The bathroom was a good size with the largest tiled shower I'd ever seen! Great water pressure and plenty of hot water. Our view of the ocean was fantastic, looking right down onto the beach area.

All three restaurants were great. Good service and delicious food. Our favorite was the Bella Vista, right on the beach. We ate there nearly every day. Sunshine, the manager, was the sweetest woman! She loved my husband and went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of. We made sure to say goodbye on our last night. Try the conch soup! It's so good!!

The Pallazina was wonderful. We had a fantastic dinner on our actual anniversary. Our server, Gracey-Ann, was so nice and welcoming. There are a few cats who roam the property, and they will come right up to the table to say hello and ask for a bite. They are friendly and we didn't have any problems with them. They will come and go without fuss.

The Casanova restaurant was good, though it was our least favorite. The food was phenomenal, but it was really loud inside. But that was my only complaint.

The staff at the Pool Bar were so much fun! Watch out for the Bob Marley shot. It is DANGEROUS! Lol!!! We had a fun few afternoons over there with Anthony and Yolanda. The guys up at the Balloon Bar were a riot! Peter and Adrian were so fun and funny. The nightly entertainment and the piano sing-a-long were great fun.

The included activities were fantastic. We took advantage of kayaking, paddle boarding and snorkeling. The beach is small, but well-maintained and comfortable. We never had trouble getting chairs or shade.

The ride from the Montego Bay airport was a little long, about an hour and 45 minutes, but we did have a bathroom stop and the driver was really friendly and full of information about his home country. The drive took us past Usain Bolt's hometown and high school, Harry Belefonte's home, and a few other interesting sites. The Club Mobay service is a MUST!! We were met at our gate by a very nice young man who helped us get our luggage and took us through fast-track immigration. After we passed through immigration services, we got to relax in a very comfortable lounge with Jamaican snacks and coffee. Red Stripe and a killer rum punch were also available. All included! We used the service on the way home as well. Really worth the money.

We loved this resort. We are already talking about when we can go back! Thank you to the amazing staff of CSS for making our anniversary so special!

7  Thank Erin D