I would give the resort maybe a 3 out of 5.
I will first say the staff is FABULOUS, the staff I would give a 5+! They work VERY hard, and are very engaging, trying to make you feel welcome. Not just a simple hello, but will stop to converse with you. I cannot say enough about the staff.
The resort itself is average. Food is average, nothing to write home about.
The rooms are clean, simple, average.
The beach however, is TERRIBLE. So if someone is looking for a vacation to relax on the beach, this is definitely NOT the place. It is the smallest beach I have ever seen. The bottom is mucky like a dirty lake, yuck (you really need to wear water shoes). That issue, I realize is something that cannot be controlled by the resort. But with no exaggeration, the area to swim is so small it is incredibly disappointing. There is no such thing as going for a walk on the beach, it is THAT short. We spent 95% of our time in the pools. Like I said, I cannot praise the staff enough, but I feel like it was a waste of time, travel and money, as I could have swam in any pool for a week, no need for a plane ride and a 90 minute bus ride to the resort :(
Next trip, I will be back to Aruba again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios