“Paradise , Paradise, Paradise. So Much Fun”
Review of Couples Sans Souci

Couples Sans Souci
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Hertford, North Carolina
“Paradise , Paradise, Paradise. So Much Fun”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

There off season is July, August. Cheeper during that time. My daughter got married in San Souci on my goodness. The wedding was an hour under a cazebo that is the only time we saw her and her husband. We went 5 days and there was food, drinks, swimming pools, balconys, music outside, events on the beach, sailing, scuba diving, walks in the evening, birds, lizards, went to water falls, The list of things we did goes on and on. Fun, laughter, the people from jamaica are so nice, polite and accomodating. It was a good distance from the airport. The ride was a trip in itself. But the rooms were large and great. Alot of steps to go up and down every day several times a day. The first day it takes your body is getting used to the climate. The second day on you wear a bathing suit with a dress or out fit over the top and you just go , go , go and sleep like you partied forever. I never wanted to leave. We made friends we still e mail. The palm trees and tropical looks is every where you go. The cooks there are the best in the business. Wonderful. Room service if you need it and it is all paid for as part of the inital expense. Wow I wished I could live there forever. They had the see through bottom boat. When we left we were exhausted trying to get every thing in we wanted to do. Our next visit will be to lay on the beach and eat and drink. This is one fun place and adults only should go just to get away. Loved IT.

Room Tip: Take your lover and run to this place dont walk. All ages. If you dont like walking up steps and dow...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Karen A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,299)
Hinckley, Ohio
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Our group just returned from our annual trip and this was everyones first trip to Jamaica ( my wife had been there 20 yrs prior) and we all loved it. The welcome center at the airport sets the stage for what's to come. A nice waiting area with cold drinks, large bathrooms and comfy sofas made the short wait for our private bus that much more bearable.
The bus driver was very informative on our trek to the resort and stopped so we could rehydrate at a neat local restaurant.
Once we arrived at the resort, the lovely front desk staff finished our paperwork and let us know that our rooms were not ready at that time ( no big deal). Off we went exploring the lovely grounds and stopping at the Pallizina for a little snack. What an amazing set up in the ala cart area. All the foods are in small containers, not your run of the mill big trays of over cooked foods! Freshly prepared was the theme of the week and we all enjoyed every bite!!
Our room in B Block ( Begonia Bldg.) was beach front, clean and spacious! The view was of a palm tree and the beach. WE HAD ARRIVED!
The staff here was so very friendly and sincere. Our favorite busboy/ waterboy Wayne was new and we had a lot of fun talking to him and giving him pointers on how to get people talking with him. The bartenders ( Peter especially) are wonderful as well. He mad a point to find us on the beach after his day off to let us know he had some fresh mint to make us Mojitos ( didn't have the mint the day prior). Very cool!
Tuesdays Beach party was great! Outstanding Jamaican foods and wonderful entertainment! Gotta love the steel drums.
The Friday party on the lawn had to be moved to the Pallizina because of rain. Felt so bad for all responsible in setting the lawn up. They worked all day, to bad. The change in venue did not put a damper on a great night for us! The foods and entertainment put a big smile on all of our faces!
The mineral pool area may be the most relaxing area at the resort. No music, waterfall and ocean sounds and a fantastic view of the sea. Winston kicks butt at the aqua aerobics class everyday and Joel makes great fesh veggie/fruit drinks at Charlies Juice bar.
The grounds are unbelievably beautiful. So many interesting plants and trees. The nature walk was a great way to explore the property and learn about the flora and fauna. We even got to sample some fresh coconut water ( thanks Captain Kirk).
Cassonova's restaurant was top notch. Amazing drinks, appetizers and main courses! Sambuca after dinner....now I am in heaven.
The watersports are all included and the staff their is stellar as well. Maurice even took pictures of me while I snorkled the fish reef! I snorkled 3 times...they go twice a day, but sign up early or just show up...always a cancellation. The kayaks and hobie cats are available as well.
The beach at first may disappoint. It's not large, very white in color or made for long walks, but it is secluded ,relaxing, and clean. The beach drink service rocks!!
The au natural beach should not be missed. The sunsets are stellar and the views are amazing. After 5 the beach is available for all to use.Don't miss this!!
The included trips to Dunn's River and Downtown are another great perk. Everythings included!!!!!
One of the best things about Sans Souce is the people. The guests are all couples and we met some really interesting people from all over the world.
The staff from the maintenance guys to the chefs to the servers all make you feel comfortable and well taken care of.
Our group had a great time and so will you!
Yah Mon!!

Room Tip: B Block is close to the breakfast area, beaches and pool. The raft trip up the White River was so m...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank daddytravels
Gloucester, Virginia
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I visited Couples San Souci March 29- April 4,2013. The trip was absolutely amazing. We are in our early to mid 30's and were thrilled to have some romantic time together. The beach was beautiful and not as small as the reviews that we read prior to arriving had led us to believe. What we really enjoyed about the beach was that it was not a part of a public stretch, but a private beach. What really made the trip, besides the fantastic meals, romantic atmosphere, exciting entertainment, and all inclusive ammenities, was the top notch staff. They bent over backwards to make sure that we were taken care of in every way possible. Our personal favorites were Peter and Brian from the "Beach Bar and Grill." Peter was hilarious and made sure that there was never a dull moment with his singing and dancing. Brian made a drink called the "Just Right Surprise" we loved, and his bar tendending skills were fun to watch. We really enjoyed getting dressed up and going to the piano bar for cocktails before going to dinner at the "Cassanova." I recomend making reservations the first night you arrive for the entire week; for best seating and the dinner time that you prefer. I also would recomend signing up for the watersports at the times you prefer in advance as the scuba, glass bottom boat rides, and the snorkeling tours are limited in seating. We had a great time sea kayaking and sailing the Hobie Cat. After a short 30 minute Hobie Cat lesson, thank you Chris, I was able to take my wife out past the reef for an exciting time sailing. While out on the water, I saw flying fish and a huge sea turtle; which was totally freaking awsome. Ammenities were fine, and I don't have anything bad to say about the resort. The trip will be what you make it. I have stayed in many places that were much more expensive, that did not have that attention to detail and personal touch the we found at Couples San Souci. I don't know how anyone couldn't love this place and not want to return again and again.

Room Tip: Ocean Front rooms in A and B block had an excellent view and were central to most restaurants and wa...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Nathan E
Pa
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We jut got back from an enjoyable stay at couples San Souci. We stayed in a deluxe ocean veranda room in G block. It had a wonderful view of the ocean. Good size bathroom with walk in shower and 2 sinks. One large bedroom with a love seat, minibar, and safe. The verandah was good size with a lounger, table, 4 chairs, another small round table and large rectangular table next to a small love seat. The verandah was very comfortable and we spent most of our time in the room outside on the verandah.
The food was excellent, we did a private dinner one night in the wedding gazebo and enjoyed that very much. Breakfast and lunch were good at the Pallazina. The beach grill had nice food as well. We ordered room service and ate on the verandah one night and that was excellent as well. The Casanova restaurant served excellent tenderloin, that was very good quality.
The staff is excellent and very welcoming. Never did my water glass get half empty the entire stay, or did we need to wait long for anything. From maintenance, gardeners, gift shop employees, every one was simply lovely.
The beach of course is small, but private. We brought water shoes and took our floaties and snorkels out along the beach and watched some interesting fish. Saw a pelican land a few feet from us and ate som fish.
This resort is older, but has natural beauty that is precious. I would recommend this resort for a romantic vacation destination. The resort celebrates love of nature and your partner. There are many steps, but if you stay in A or B block, it eliminates most steps, and they will send a van to pick you up if needed. I would recommend staying in the higher blocks if you can tolerate steps and love a fabulous view.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank angelaml77
Halifax
Reviewed May 8, 2013

So this was our third visit to Sans Souci and was part of a split trip, Sans Souci for a week, then Couples Negril.

The Arrival lounge was great, as always, and the transfer was also great. On arrival at the resort there was nobody to meet the bus so I had to help the driver unload the bags. This isn't normally a big deal but I had a major running injury and could barely walk.

We had requested Building B, second or third floor, but were told one wasn't ready so we would get it if we waited a half hour. No problem.

We had lunch and then called back. Not ready yet, but it will be ready this afternoon. No problem.

We went to the beach for a few hours. Called desk and were told they couldn't do building B, could we do Building A? Not funny now but okay, we'll take building A. Can you send a van to pick us up to go to front desk for bags (Bad leg)? Yes. No bus appears. Wife finally walks to front and arrives after quite a while with bags and van. Not a great start.

Other than the bad start, we had a fairly good stay. If I wasn't going to rate my second week (Couples Negril) with a five I could rate this one higher. I would give a 3 1/2 if that was possible. The Main reason I can't rate Sans Souci higher is the food. If we weren't stuck with 3 buffets and if they could pick up the food quality, this resort would be much better. I've never talked to a guest who was happy with the buffets, but management adamantly states that customers love the buffets. They're selling the rooms so they don't need to change for me.

For two of the buffets, we opted for room service. For the Gala, we decided to give it another try (We had tried on previous visits). I could barely walk and standing was painful so I waited until the initial rush was over. I really wanted the beef that was mentioned during the announcement so I hobbled up to get some when the line died down some and.....there was none left. I had a great dessert though.

Being from Halifax, almost everyone I know takes a vacation south each winter. One of the first measures of quality talked about is whether the meals are buffets or a la carte. Even the Repeater's dinner is mostly buffet.

The rooms are great here, but the beds do bother my back after a few days.

The grounds are just plain spectacular.

The beach is not great, but this resort isn't about the beach.

The au natural facilities are good and we're told being further upgraded. I think these facilities draw a high percentage of the repeat guests and Couples does au natural in a classy and comfortable way.

The service is great.

The food and food service is not up to par for the level promised by Couples and would be good for a lower level resort, but not what we've experienced at other Couples resorts.

The room service and mini bars are a very nice touch.

Last year we were asked what time we wanted our transfer to the other resort. This year we were told when our transfer was. No biggie, but....

Bottom line. If you've never done a five star in Jamaica or you are looking for au natural facilities, you won't be disappointed here. If you like the beach or expect great food, keep looking.

Room Tip: Beach front is the way to go here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HalifaxQuestor
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We visited Jamaica for the first time in April 2013 for our Honeymoon. Having never stayed at an all-inclusive, we weren't sure what to expect. What we found was a resort that exceeded our expectations in every single facet. The food, service, drinks, accomodations and experience were all amazing. The enviornment fosters fun, relaxation and really embraces the "no worries" mantra. It was the most relaxing and enjoyable trip that we have taken so far.

What really made this trip was the staff. Brian, Antoine, Q, Spaghetti are just a few that made our trip so special. Every signle employee we came across seemed genuinely happy to be there and happy to go above and beyond to make the stay incredible. We will definitely be back, and will bring friends with us next time! Thank you for an unforgettable honeymoon!

Room Tip: We upgraded to a Bechfront suite. Great location close to pool and beach and very spacious.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AMH0909
Allendale, Michigan
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Our first trip to Jamaica was in 2009 to Couples Negril. This trip to Sans Souci proved to us that Couples offers the best vacation money can buy, and there's no reason to go anywhere else. After landing and making it to the lounge, we only waited five minutes and we were on the bus. It was actually a pleasant ride to Sans Souci, unlike the drive to Couples Negril which scared us a little. Our check-in was a breeze and we fell in love with our room. We had a one bedroom beachfront suite. We took full advantage of the excellent room service and were pleased with the housekeeping. We started eating 5 delicious meals a day. Coffee, fruit and bread first thing. A second breakfast which was either from the buffet, a made-to-order omelette, or both. A lunch, and then a snack in the afternoon. Dinner came later, and was always followed by dessert. Plus we each drank about a dozen rum drinks a day. But it was so nice not having to carry money while on vacation. A true break from reality. We look forward to going back to Negril next year, and then back to Sans Souci the year after. We can't decide which one we like more. They're both so different and beautiful in their own ways.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island

Been to Couples Sans Souci? Share your experiences!