We stayed at San Souci April 6-13. It was a wonderful and relaxing vacation! We only had to wait for a bus for about 5 minutes after we checked in at the Couples Lounge in the airport. The bus ride was uneventful and the bus seemed brand new. Our driver pointed out where we were and various points of interest along the way. Once we got to San Souci about an hour and 45 minutes later we were warmly greeted by Kevin and Evol who of course were wonderful! The champagne and cold cloth were very welcome!
The front desk staff was also very pleasant and helpful. Our room was not ready yet (it was early) so we went off to Palazina for lunch. After that we came back and had only a few minutes wait to be sent to our new home for a week: Penthouse E-11. It was amazingly beautiful. We found beautiful towel art with flowers when we entered which is always a nice touch. It had a big bedroom with a huge closet. A small bathroom with a tub/shower combo that was totally functional for our needs. The living room was also large with a couch, chairs and a table and chairs you could dine at. There was a flat screen TV in both the living and bedrooms. There was a small “bar room” we called it where the mini bar was and there was a sink and cabinets. The balcony was beautiful with a table and four chairs as well as two loungers and an amazing view of the sea. We were basically over the fitness pavilion and two rooms over from the balloon bar terrace. At night we could definitely hear the entertainment, but it didn’t bother us at all.
Housekeeping was wonderful as on our previous trips (one to San Souci and two to Tower Isle). Did the furniture seem dated? Yes – but was it beat up or somehow tattered or unsightly? Not in the slightest.
The food was excellent. The first night we dined at Bella Vista. This was a wonderful meal with equally excellent service. It’s really nice eating right on the beach and the menu was great. I don’t eat red meat or pork so when I have multiple choices I’m in heaven! That seemed to be the case all week! We dined at Casanova another night and Palazina as well. I’m not sure which I enjoyed most. All were excellent and the service is just never anything but wonderful. Milton at Palazina and Nicola at Casanova were particularly excellent. We also ate at the repeaters dinner which was a great experience. I’ve heard some concern about it being a “buffet” but it definitely is not Golden Corral. You do have to get up to get your entrée and sides, but everything else (appetizer, soup, salad and dessert) is served to you in such a way that you’d have to be crazy to call it a “just a buffet”!
We did a private dinner on the beach which was well worth the cost. It’s nice to have an occasion (our 10th anniversary) and be able to celebrate in such a special way. We are not much on the big buffets so we made our own private dinners in our room two nights on the balcony with room service –also very romantic! Again – service and food quality all excellent. We ate like royalty all week! For breakfast we did Palazina every day except our last day where we did room service. It was always good and I never ran short of things to try! For lunch we either ate at Palazina or the Sunset Beach grill which had an awesome selection – much better than the last time we were here.
We didn’t do much in the way of activities because either we’d already done them or we were simply too lazy. Our goal for this vacation was to relax! The beaches were beautiful. The main beach beats sunset beach for lack of rocks, but both were beautiful to lie on and I thought the swimming areas on both were a good size. The pools were wonderful as well; I loved the one at sunset beach and the mineral pool. While some people did get up very early to reserve chairs at both the beaches and the pool (then not bother to use them till noon or later) they were in the minority and we were always able to find a nice place in the shade wherever we wanted to sit, floatie included.
The bars were all great. Love the blue flag service on the main beach – that needs to be extended everywhere – it’s wonderful!! The bartenders are really great, never a shortage of top shelf or a skimpy drink to be had.
The spa was also a highlight of our trip. We had a 25 minute couples massage that came with a Romance package which was wonderful, we also had a reflexology foot massage and a 50 minute aromatherapy couples massage that was amazing on our last day. The spa staff was great, we had the same therapists for everything.
Tipping always seems to come up so let me address that. We left small gifts for housekeeping (bath & body works items and chocolates) but never tipped. That didn’t change the level of service, the type of liquor we got or the amazing time that we had. We were treated like royalty and didn’t see others receive more or less service.
Overall it was an amazing, relaxing trip and I can’t wait to do it again. I’d absolutely return to San Souci. The only reason I wouldn’t would be if I wanted to explore another Couples property!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios