Couples Sans Souci
$75
$64
$160
Official Site
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$115
$111
Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$54
  • Bar/Lounge
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$88
$405
$339
Travelocity
4,160 results
All reviewsmineral poolballoon barbella vistasunset beachsan souciau natural beachb blockmain beachbeachfront suitestarlight galacasanova restaurantroom servicefriday night galamineral grottonooks and cranniessmoothie barin room dining
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We just returned from a 10 day stay at Couples Sans Souci. This was our third visit to this resort and we will definitely return again. This resort is 2nd to none. Beautiful, manicured tropical grounds...the food is absolutely amazing, and the staff is the greatest around. Dominique, one of the bartenders at the swim-up bar was GREAT and "Late Nite" and Spagetti (two of the entertainment staff) were just so much fun. And Una, our housekeeper was the sweetest ever. We miss them already! This resort is just so beautiful...it's set in a cove, so no problems with high winds or large waves to stop your water adventures. So many beautiful quiet little spots to sit and relax and just take in the beauty of Jamaica. The resort offers daily free trips to Dunns River Falls and free shopping trips into town on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and of course, the free Margaritaville trip on Monday nites. There is never a shortage of something to do...or you can just sit and relax on the beach or by the pool, soak up the sun, and enjoy the wonderful Jamaican drinks....Dirty Banana, Miami Vice, Hummingbird, and of course their Appleton Rum. This year, just prior to checking out, we picked out our pictures at the photo desk. After returning home and while unpacking, we realized we forgot to pick up the disk with our pictures before we left the resort. I made one phone call to Couples main office and they contacted Tanya, the manager at the Photo Desk. Tanya had our photo disk and mailed it to us. I was so thankful that she held on to it and just didn't toss it. This shows the kind of "top notch" staff that is at Sans Souci. We're already counting down the days until Jamaica 2014. - Irie Mon!

Tim & Michele - Wisconsin Rapids, WI

Room Tip: We highly recommend the Oceanview Beachfront Suite (A Block or B Block). You are right in front of the beach bar, swim up bar and all the main activity.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Michele442
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I just spent 10 days at CSS and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. The short review is - all of the 4 and 5 star reviews are correct. This place gives you a wonderful holiday if you let it. I can’t relate to the 1, 2, or 3 star (you know, the “I had a terrible time, don’t go there!” reviews). I feel bad that some people don’t enjoy their time here which results with their reviews being very negative. I didn’t see the bad things they did, so I can’t agree with them. On the subject of reviews, I wish people would remember that this place receives reviews by people who stay here and those reviews rate their stays on a 1 to 5 star basis. Rating my experience at CSS as 5 star is not the same as saying this is a 5 star resort. This is a 40 year old property that shows its age in places and still looks great in others. There is a wonderful old-time Jamaica charm to the place that I found very appealing. The rooms are a little dated. Mine reminded me of the hotel room James Bond had in Dr. No, which was filmed in 1962. Made me like it even more.
So it’s not a 5 star resort. So what. It is a charming property with all the accoutrements required for a holiday in Jamaica, with wonderful, helpful, enthusiastic, funny, and warm folks working hard to make your stay enjoyable. For me, they succeeded.
I liked all the food and drink I consumed while I was there. I found I enjoyed eating at Bella Vista for both lunch and dinner because I liked eating right on the beach for those meals. Dinner was especially attractive there when the waves are slapping 20 feet away from you, the moon and stars are shining down, and that delightful 3 man mento band is playing all the old time Jamaica songs that confirm you aren’t in Kansas anymore.
Speaking of drinks - we always were able to get the top shelf liquor we wanted. We only had one day when there weren’t enough bananas to make Dirty Bananas, so we had Mudslides and Planter’s Punch, and rum and tonics instead. My holiday was not spoiled because of a banana shortage.
We were lucky to be there during their 7th anniversary as a Couples resort so had the pleasure of participating in a VERY spectacular Friday Gala Dinner event. Because this was the 7th Anniversary week about 45% of the guests were Repeaters. That meant the Repeat Guest Dinner was HUGE. And great fun. Our stay included the Repeat Guest Dinner the following week and the crowd was down to about 60 from the 150 +/- of the week before. CSS went all out for the Anniversary Gala with big time entertainment, big time food, and a clever Venetian Masked Ball theme. A wonderful party.
For what it is worth to you who read this review, my wife and I have been coming to the Caribbean for more than 40 years. This was our 14th time in Jamaica, our 7th AI, and our 4th AO. I can recommend CSS without reservation. Read the last 25 reviews and you’ll have everything you need to know to go and have a good time.

Room Tip: Beachfront buildings A and B are right in the middle of all the good stuff - beach, pool, restaurants and bars. First floor units walk right out to the beach.
13  Thank golfguyhhi
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We've been here 3 times. Its like going home. The staff is marvelous and the food is excellent. Downside is a lot of stairs but the up side is the bell desk will bring a van to take you up and down if you wish. Wonderful landscaping and it IS not like one hotel after another all sharing the same beach. its isolation makes you feel much more like being on your own island, not in the middle of tall hotels. They are about to do some major renovations, which I am not sure is good or bad as I like it as it is. There is plenty of wildlife, sports if you wish, 2 beaches and more bars than anyone needs. It is truly all inclusive, alcohol and all. I'd go back tomorrow and I just returned after 10 days.

Room Tip: If you want the au natural beach you want building A or B. If you want a view of the ocean and wonderful plantings, then go for E or G building. We like the ocean front suites.
7  Thank rabbitrun68

We chose Couples San Souci because our travel agent said it was a small
(only 150 rooms), all inclusive resort with a romantic atmosphere. We booked our vacation for 9 nights and stayed in a penthouse suite. We felt so pampered during our stay, from the dining experiences to the Beach Bar and Grill where are drinks never went dry. We could not have asked for a better experience. I have several food allergies and was able to eat from the buffet most meals. The chefs are available to answer questions about the foods on the buffet as well as preparing me something special that I was able to eat. The beaches were not busy with vendors bothering us either. There are plenty of activities to do like shopping in town or going on excursions. We stayed on the resort our whole vacation just relaxing and enjoying the beautiful surroundings and spa. There are beautiful walkways with gorgeous gardens to enjoy. The resort also offers pools, hot tubs, glass bottom boat, skiing, scuba diving, snorkeling and several others. We are planning a return trip next January as well.

Room Tip: The penthouse suites offer the best views. We will request Block D when we return. This is where we stayed and it is the further away from the parties that they have twice a week. They weren't loud but we were early to bed and early to rise. There are stairs to get up to Block D but you can't beat the views.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We just returned from this wonderful resort. Everything about this place is awesome. The food was great we really enjoyed all the restaurants and room service. The buffet for breakfast and lunch and Casanova for dinner were our favorites. We loved the smoothie bar and mineral pool and the hot tub above the mineral pool is great~ we just enjoyed our days by relaxing,snorkeling and playing pool volleyball. Entertainment staff did a great job making sure everyone was having a good time. We can not wait to return!!

Room Tip: We were in room G11 and loved it. We had a huge balcony with a double chaise lounge and a table and chairs. Great view~
8  Thank Ellie W