This review is well overdue however I wanted to share that my husband and I had an amazing vacation at Sans Souci over Christmas 2011. Originally we had one bedroom ocean view suite (F2) overlooking the lobby entrance and balloon bar - very loud on both sides and with a small bathroom. We were lucky enough to moved to G11 at the very end of the resort and could not have asked for a better view or location! Never got tired of the giant balcony, even in the rain. Food was good everywhere although the beach was slow for lunch and dinner. Enjoyed the small cove beach with the floaties. Did try Sunset Beach so crossed off the bucket list. Lovely beach, nice people. Favourite part of the day was heading up to the mineral pool in the afternoon for a smoothie and a snooze! Loved how lush and beautiful the resort was. If you can handle the stairs, the upper side of the resort would be my choice. Only two negative was that the resort ran out of water - in the middle of my shower! The next afternoon water was back without any serious inconvenience. Room was tired but huge and very clean.
Towards end of the trip a large wedding group came in and completely changed the vibe of the resort. They were loud and beach hogs. All the the other guests were not impressed.
Did a swap to Couples Tower Isle and vastly preferred Sans Souci with it's big, beautiful grounds and quiet atmosphere. TI was more a hotel on a small beach and felt like there was nowhere to go or wander.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios