This is our upteenth trip to CSS but a long time since we did a review. A usual the ambiance at CSS is superb, a real high quality relaxed atmosphere which makes you feel great as soon as you arrive. Pre check in really helps because you can be in your room within 10 minutes. We stayed in the Roger Moore Penthouse Suite with its wonderful views across the beach and excellent for seeing all the wildlife including Pelicans. To have breakfast on the balcony is wonderful.
The resort itself probably needs a little updating, but it would be dangerous to move into the 21st Century, this is a niche resort and if you are into the days of James Bond, Ian Fleming and so on, then this is the resort for you, cocktails in the Balloon Bar, and dinner under the stars afterwards at Cassanova complete with Trevor the pianist.
There are lot of places to chill, our favourite was Sunset Beach, maybe not for all (its a/n) but that is not a problem, no pervs here, just relaxation. The main beach is really nice, and you have the Blue flag treatment if that is what you want. With three restaurants and in room dining thrown in at no extra cost, the choices are unlimited with the menus changed weekly. I could mention the wonderful gardens, the tropical feel to CSS, the Spa, Sports, Gym, whatever, but its really the staff which make this place, never is anything too much trouble, just ask and it will be done. Don't expect the service of a plastic new hotel, this is sheer quality and a return to the days you felt like a king or queen. Well done CSS we shall return again and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the cliffs of Jamaica’s emerald coast above a dazzling stretch of Caribbean, Couples Sans Souci beckons you to surrender mind, body and soul. The resort's 'no worries' mantra comes to life as every day unfolds. Lose yourself exploring secluded stone pathways. Melt away stress in the healing natural mineral springs. Feel a rush of exhilaration scaling Dunn's River waterfalls. Or simply drift asleep in a hammock by the sea. Located in vibrant Ocho Rios, the resort's design pays tribute to an understated colonial elegance—intricate latticework, white woven furnishings and feathered palms set a refined stage for your island escape. Dining options abound—from authentic Jamaican fare to five-star international cuisine. Private cabanas at cliff's edge provide the ideal setting for our signature spa treatments, while the choice of resort activities knows no limits. Learn the art of living well while living in the moment at Couples Sans Souci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Sans Souci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Sans Souci Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples San Souci
- Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios
- Couples Sans Souci Jamaica/Ocho Rios