“Remarkable atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bamboo Blu

Bamboo Blu
Ranked #5 of 111 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Jamaican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: FREE Wi-Fi Available. Also, please note Bamboo Blu is not a public beach, reservations are required at our restaurant to access beach facilities. Be Brave - drink a BIG BAMBOO in your very own to keep Bamboo Chalice. Be a Star - Howl at the Moon around our nightly bonfire. Be Liz Taylor. Be Martin Luther King. Be Frank Sinatra - they created this historic jetsetters hideaway! Be Mellow - pre Reggae tunes of Mento & Ska air when local Rastafarian guitarist Jah Happystone takes a snooze. Be Hungry - eat new original for 2015 -Jerky's Popcorn Pork Festival Bites. Be Happy.
Jamaica
“Remarkable atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

The food was mind blowing, friendly staff, the environment was very clean. Everyone was more than helpful.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank lobby1234
Bamboo B, General Manager at Bamboo Blu, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for stopping by!

We look forward to serving you again :)

• Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Was looking for somewhere to have lunch with my friends for my birthday and people kept telling us about Bamboo Blu so we decided to pay a visit and boy was I happy. The service was awesome, the staff was really friendly and the food was delicious. Denzil made my day, made me feel really special and he didn't even know it was my birthday until I told him then I got complimentary ice cream :D... yay me .... trust me u need to visit this place!.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank stedelwhi
Happy Belated Birthday!

We're so glad you chose us to celebrate your special day, and even happier you enjoyed your day with us!

We look forward to serving you again :)
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Dwayne tried his best to accommodate my wifes desire to get fried fish and bammy, and while not up to Hellshire standards (because nothing but Hellshire is) the meal was still nice. Their jerk pork is very good, although pricy, but considering they dont charge for admission I guess it is ok.

The water was very very nice, and had a wonderful color to it, and the place is not overrun by anybody but staff, so it is completely safe, because it is hidden away in a gated community next to Riu called Mammee Bay Estates.

Google maps does not present the location of this accurately however.

Its position is as I said next door to Riu out past Dolphin cove and Mystic Mountain going to Montego Bay from Ocho Rios.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jimmi_DK
Bamboo B, General Manager at Bamboo Blu, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
We try to accommodate all our guests, it is very important to let you feel right at home :)

Thank you for stopping by!

We look forward to serving you soon again.
Streetsboro, Ohio
“Good Jerk Chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

I was here on our recent vacation and we stopped for lunch as reccomended by our hired driver.
The menu has very little to choose from, but who cares, your on the beach in Jamaica and you should only be eating Jerk chicken anyway. We all ordered jerk chicken and it was fabulous and had a slight little kick, but nothing to bother anyone that likes some spice and a little heat. I must say though, request breast meat or you will get only legs and wings. I requested breast meat and only one meal came with breast meat as the others were legs and wings, so i guess i would have needed to be really specific to ask for it on each specific order even though it was essentially the same order from just a different person. If you like the wings, legs and dark meat than youll be ok, i think the breast was much better and offered much more meat. The sides were good but small. Please note that the meals are quite pricey and that was for lunch. Also, there were 2 extra charges on my bill that added up to over $10 which I have no clue what they were for, so watch out. 3 chicken meals, 2 bottles of water and a coke were about $65 +
Sevice was not great, no explanation of much of anything, but the food was good and the scenery was beautiful on the beach.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank UNLValumni99
Hi There!

Firstly, thank you for stopping by! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your meal with us along with the beautiful scenery!

For clarification, the two additional charges on your bill are "GCT" - General Consumption Tax and Service Charge. My apologies on behalf of the servers for not explaining.

We do hope you stop by again so we may serve you again.
Toronto, Canada
“lovely night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

the food was amazing! my boyfriend and I had fresh lobster it was beautiful! we sat at a very cozy candle light dinner table and enjoyed the stars and the sounds of the waves. the server Cassemie, was so lovely and truly welcoming and made sure we had the best experience, and we did!!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Catriona M
Thank you for stopping by!

We surely will commend Cassemie on her outstanding service...we do look forward to serving you again.