“5 Star service at Bamboo Blu- It's a must do on the bucket list!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bamboo Blu

Bamboo Blu
Ranked #5 of 112 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Jamaican
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: FREE Wi-Fi Available. Also, please note Bamboo Blu is not a public beach, reservations are required at our restaurant to access beach facilities. Be Brave - drink a BIG BAMBOO in your very own to keep Bamboo Chalice. Be a Star - Howl at the Moon around our nightly bonfire. Be Liz Taylor. Be Martin Luther King. Be Frank Sinatra - they created this historic jetsetters hideaway! Be Mellow - pre Reggae tunes of Mento & Ska air when local Rastafarian guitarist Jah Happystone takes a snooze. Be Hungry - eat new original for 2015 -Jerky's Popcorn Pork Festival Bites. Be Happy.
Bristow, Virginia
“5 Star service at Bamboo Blu- It's a must do on the bucket list!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We went to Bamboo Blu for our familymoon in April 2014. Denzel and his team took exceptional care of us from the moment our toes hit the sand. They welcomed us with open arms and made us feel completely safe and treated us like family. The view is amazing and there are alot of activites to do with children. This was the highlight of our vacation. Our teenagers are still talking about it. This place is a must see when in Ocho Rios.

• Visited April 2014
Bamboo B, General Manager at Bamboo Blu, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Hi Stephanie,

We're glad to hear your "familymoon" was exceptional :)

We do hope to serve you all again. Thank you for your review.

• Polish first
Reading, United Kingdom
“Order a Ja'rita at the bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We just visited Ocho Rios, Jamaica, and our favourite beach restaurant was definitely Bamboo Blu. The staff was extremely friendly, and accomodating. The bartender Andre kindly fixed us a drink of our creation which we called Ja'rita (a Jamaican Margarita where the rum replaces the tequila). He makes the best Ja'ritas on the island! Vicky, our waitress was also very nice and so was the manager Denzel. We definitely recommend this place!

• Visited April 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. We try our best to let all our visitors feel right at home...we want everyone to just sit back and relax :)

We will surely commend Vicky on her service & we look forward to serving you again.
Montreal
“Not the best beach, poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We visited this beach on recommendation of Marvyn Paradise Tours. The beach was just ok. The chair rentals were very expensive $10. However, Marvyn managed to get it down to $5. The service was poor compare to other places and beaches we have visited in the caribbean. I would recommend arranging with your tour guide (if you are with one) to go somewhere else

Visited April 2014
Kingston, Jamaica
“"I don't feel safe, the Manager's personality and the gun on his hip turned me off"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

"I don't feel safe, the Manager's personality and the gun on his hip turn me off" - the exact words of a girl in my party when we went to Bamboo Blu on April 20, 2014.

We arrive at the location - the guard promptly tells us that you "have" to eat at the restaurant before you can enter in the beach. So say "Ok, no problem, Let's eat and swim".

After we parking, I hear the manager shouting at another customer, telling him to "Leave, I don't want you here" (It seems the guy was planning on swimming before eating). The customer then says "Ok, let me buy some food and become a customer so we can swim". The manager shouts "Nope, I don't you here, leave leave leave". The customer tries to plead that he wants to now eat.. No luck, the manager tells him to leave.

I decided to go and speak with the Manager, to ensure I follow the protocol and don't get chased out. He tells me "you have to eat at restaurant". I say "Sure, no problem". The ladies in my party are walking down past the manager and I to change into their beach wear, he stops them. Saying "Nope! you can't change, let me escort you to your table for you to place your order." The faces on my friends changed, as it felt quite forceful. They tell him that them are going to put back their clothes in the car.

When we go back to the car, they say they don't feel comfortable, they don't like how is the handling the situation and how is displaying this gun on this hip like a "bad man (gangster)". So we decided to leave, however I felt I wanted to speak with him.

I go to him and say: "Your guard at the gate told us of the protocol(must eat at restaurant) and we were quite fine with it, however your attitude has turned us completely off and we are leaving". Before I can even finish. he interrupts me "I don't care, leave it you want to. I don't care".

Then we leave.

I advise everyone to avoid this place.. especially while it's owned/managed by this gentleman.

Funny to think, that we wanted a day at the beach and left feeling threatened.

11 Thank RoryCRW
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Treat Jamaicans better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Passed by to check on this venue for a future family day. Layout is nice. Arriving after five in the evening the servers were setting up for people who may come for dinner. So we decided to have cocktails. So we sat down at a table set foe two and were immediately told if we are eating dont sit there as the drink will wet the table cloth. Wow so i was sent under the bar area to sit where it was not as cool as if we would be seated in the open air. Thank God for the waitress we has as the rest were so grumpy. Funny thing is no came for dinner in the two hours i sat there with our drinks. Anyway maybe be cause we were jamaicans that is why the treatment was so cold. Should i forgwt the little old man sweeling the sand around me like i was not there.

1 Thank Christina E