“Dinner at Bamboo Bluu”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bamboo Blu

Bamboo Blu
Ranked #5 of 112 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Jamaican
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: FREE Wi-Fi Available. Also, please note Bamboo Blu is not a public beach, reservations are required at our restaurant to access beach facilities. Be Brave - drink a BIG BAMBOO in your very own to keep Bamboo Chalice. Be a Star - Howl at the Moon around our nightly bonfire. Be Liz Taylor. Be Martin Luther King. Be Frank Sinatra - they created this historic jetsetters hideaway! Be Mellow - pre Reggae tunes of Mento & Ska air when local Rastafarian guitarist Jah Happystone takes a snooze. Be Hungry - eat new original for 2015 -Jerky's Popcorn Pork Festival Bites. Be Happy.
Lincoln, North Dakota
“Dinner at Bamboo Bluu”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We had dinner at Bamboo Blu last night. It was a short walk from our resort the RIU which is next door. This was one of the best meals and dining experiences I have ever had. We sat outside on the patio and could hear the waves on the beach along with the live music which was relaxing and romantic at the same time. The tables are all far enough from each other that you don't feel like you are crowded and you cannot hear others' conversations. This was definitely the opposite of having dinner back home in the States where you're usually crowded into a dining room where the tables are right on top of one another and the servers just want to get you in and out again. My husband had the grilled lobster and it was amazing. I'm not a lobster person, but I loved it. It was succulent and sweet and had great texture. I had the honey jerk ribs which were fall off the bone tender and amazingly seasoned. We both had the seasoned fries and they were very good as well. For dessert we both had coconut ice cream with a coconut drop on top. Oh my, was that good. We are considering going back one more time before we leave in two days. This was an experience I will never forget. You guys do an amazing job there, keep it up.

• Visited February 2014
Bamboo B, General Manager at Bamboo Blu, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Hi Stacy!

Reading your review makes me want to go have some Lobster and Ribs myself! Thank you for your review!!

I'm glad to hear you had a great time overall and hope you do come back before you leave.

Yah Mon!

• Polish first
“The only beach spot you need! It's all here Mon!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Last year we stayed at the Riu and had a blast, but the best meal and the best service and the best ambiance was next door at Bamboo Blu. This year we rented a villa in the neighborhood and have made Bamboo Blu our HOME BEACH! Bunny and Denzel run a relaxed, full service operation with the a staff of the biggest smiles and kind of people that you want to marry your children. Have Christine make you a "perfect marguerites". I like mine frozen. And the best deal in the place is a basket of fresh bread fruit chips, perfect beach finger food with a cold red stripe. Ya Mon! I had the best piece of fresh snapper available this side of heaven! TODAY'S catch, steamed to perfection with coconut sauce and local veggies seasoned like your taste buds can only imagine. Can't say enough about the employees...Latoya makes my heart beat fast, Anthony the chair dude is going to be very successful in the business world, great group! Cruise ship port, villa rental, or just driving by...tell them Phil sent you. I TOTALLY LOVE this place. A GREAT SLICE OF JAMAICA!!

Hi Phil!

THANK YOU for your lovely compliments, hearing such rave reviews from our diners gives us a great sense of satisfaction.

We hope you spread the word of this "GREAT SLICE OF JAMAICA" to everyone you know!

Do come again and dine with us :)
Napa, California, United States
“Lobster Heaven under the Stars”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is a restaurant for the people in the know. It is on a rather private beach on a road that is very hard to find. As we drove out of Ocho Rios it is the road just past the entrance to the Riu Hotel.

We were told about by a friend and were very happy that we took the time to find it. We started with the Lobster Bisque and Wontons. Then my wife had the Lobster and had a hard deciding which size to order since there are 4. I had the crab in a shell, which was a bit spicy and rather dry. It was OK and after tasting my wife's Lobster I wish that I had order it.

They do a big lunch business for the various cruise companies with guests using the beach facilities but for dinner it was rather quite, which was find with us since it was a beautiful romantic candlelit dinner spot for us under the stars

Hi There!

We sure are glad you found us! Very glad to hear you enjoyed your meal with us under the stars. We do get quite a rush during cruise ship days, but if you prefer a more quiet and relaxing setting... dinner with us is a sure hit!

We hope to serve you soon again :)
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly and inviting”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Went there with my friend and the staff were so wecoming and friendly. Going back to ochi this year on my honeymoon and would love to go back. Wont be staying in the mamme bay estate so hope my husband and i can still come and enjoy the great food.

• Visited November 2013
Hi There!

We surely hope you can still visit us on your next trip to Ocho Rios! Thank you for your lovely compliments and we look forward to serving you again :)
San Antonio, Texas
“Great time at Bamboo Blu!!!!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Bamboo Blu has a great atmosphere, friendly staff, and delicious food! It was a fun place to chill and the beach was amazing! The swimming area was nice along with the many tables and lounge areas to relax. Next time we're in Jamaica we'll certainly visit again!

• Visited January 2014
Bamboo B, General Manager at Bamboo Blu, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Hi Hannah!

We're glad to hear of your lovely experience with us, do come again soon....the clear blue waters are waiting for you :)