“I really loved it!”

Ranked #5 of 114 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: FREE Wi-Fi Available. Also, please note Bamboo Blu is not a public beach, reservations are required at our restaurant to access beach facilities. Be Brave - drink a BIG BAMBOO in your very own to keep Bamboo Chalice. Be a Star - Howl at the Moon around our nightly bonfire. Be Liz Taylor. Be Martin Luther King. Be Frank Sinatra - they created this historic jetsetters hideaway! Be Mellow - pre Reggae tunes of Mento & Ska air when local Rastafarian guitarist Jah Happystone takes a snooze. Be Hungry - eat new original for 2015 -Jerky's Popcorn Pork Festival Bites. Be Happy.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Beautiful!
I was in awe at this location. Clean & calm water, golden brown sand and lovely live music by Jah Happystone. We rented a bed and had some drinks while snacking on a few appetizers. Quite a lovely experience.

Kalpana H, Public Relations Manager at Bamboo Blu, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

We're thrilled to hear you had such a lovely time at Bamboo Blu!

Thanks for your review, hope to serve you again!!

There are newer reviews for Bamboo Blu

Reviewed March 12, 2013

It is the best restaurant I have been to in Ocho Rios. The ambiance, the service, the food.... Fabulous!

Thanks for your amazing review!

Looking forward to serving you again =)

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were introduced to Blu Bamboo by our friends at Wolseley. I had the lobster and my husband had the honey BBQ jerk ribs. Everything was delicious. Our server was crazy Christina and she made our meal that much more enjoyable. We sat right along the ocean and the sound of the waves in the background along with Jamaican music made this meal one of my favourites. We had a fabulous time and would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Erindegelman
Kalpana H, Public Relations Manager at Bamboo Blu, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

We at Bamboo Blu were delighted to have your group! I'm delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience, Crazy Christina will be around to serve you again when you return!!

Thanks for the review!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The lobster is dived for daily only they only serve fresh. Second best lobster I have ever had, the first being in the Dominican. The meal was good enough that you almost didn't mind having to pay the 16.5% tax plus 10% service fee.

2  Thank BrendaW-B
Kalpana H, Public Relations Manager at Bamboo Blu, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Hey! We strive to make our lobster one of the best on the island. I am glad to know it was one of the best you have had!

Please do visit again!

Thanks for your review!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Last Saturday I took my wife out to lunch at the Bamboo Blue restaurant in Ocho. Rios We had lobster it was the best we've had in quite a while, we were there last year and we were,pleasantly surprise discover that they have a new executive chef with years of eperience working in some of the finest hotels in Jamaica. The waitresses were great they're friendly and they give excellent service. this is the only restaurant that I have seen with a gym.... Wow wow..

1  Thank Theackee2

I'm glad to know you and your wife had our infamous lobster! Our Chef is well known in the hotel industry here in Jamaica, we are lucky to have him!

Please do apply for Gym Membership if you are interested!

Thanks for your review!