“Secluded Paradise”

Hermosa Cove - Jamaica's Villa Hotel
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed July 9, 2013

If you enjoy kicking back in seclusion with your loved one, this is the place for you! The property was beautiful! The Villas & Suites are just as nice if not better than what is illustrated on website.
We found it to be very private with the added benefit of having staff available to meet our every need. Snorkeling is available right off the property beach as well as kayaking. Water is crystal clear. Beach is not large, but had plenty of room to unwind. They are currently expanding their beach area, which so far - looks amazing! Now on to the cuisine - please do not be dissuaded by the menu - the chef prepared whatever we had a taste for using fresh, local ingredients. It really was like having our own personal chef for the week. Truly a culinary delight. I would recommend trying some of the local Jamaican dishes. Although kitchens are fully equipped, we did not prepare meals. Having a kitchen worked out really well for having the wonderful leftovers from Christopher's! Market is close by and office makes it easy to arrange trip. We have been to many resorts and islands throughout the Caribbean and are happy to say that this is our new go-to spot!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Breadfruit Suite and loved it! During our visit we did look at a couple another 1...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa A

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This trip was Very Relaxing spot, a Perfect get away.The pool was a little one, but just the right size to keep you cool and occupied. Service is excellent, what wasn't on the menu we were able to order,the food is Great. I'm going again

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Trecia P
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I were in Jamaica for a sad occasion; however, I couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. Making the choice to stay at Hermosa Cove was easy after speaking to Norma and Audrey on the phone...they made the decision easy! After going through the gated entrance we felt like we were in paradise.....the landscaping was magnificent! Upon arrival we were greeted by Audrey and who made us feel very welcome. I can't say enough about the staff who are very hospitable and professional with a goal to make your stay enjoyable and memorable! After a guided tour by Elvis we quickly knew this was a trip we never wanted to end. It only got better......The Mango Suite was beautiful with a pool and gazebo and the interior decor was so warm and inviting....kudos to Debra who has great taste! We truly loved this suite and would choose it again. We dined at the resturant and our the dishes were delicious every time.....Conroy and Deneisha make a great team and they are AMAZING CHEFS!! One evening after having dinner I was so impressed with the meal, I ordered it for breakfast the next morning :) Denecia and Nathaniel deserve stars for the service they each provided....Denecia was so attentive and such a nice person with great personality..... What a great team!! My husband and I travel a lot and we always choose 4 star and above resorts and hotels. Hermosa Cove is a five star villa and we can't wait to go back!!! If you have an appreciation for quality.....I recommend Hermosa cove!

Room Tip: Any suite you choose you can't go wrong.....I enjoyed having my own pool!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wanda P
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from a four-night stay at Hermosa Cove. While the weather didn't exactly cooperate as we had hoped it would, it certainly wasn't a tragedy because we were in awe of the beauty surrounding us. We stayed in the Calabash House, which had an ocean view, lush garden areas including a gazebo, hammock, dipping pool, and a beautiful wrap-around upstairs porch. We couldn't stop commenting on the quality of construction and the little details. I remember thinking that even the fire alarm and fire extinguishers were well appointed. The gardens througout the property were unbelievable and we loved looking at all the exotic flowers and their intricate plantings. The maintenance staff did a great job meticulously sweeping away the evidence of each night's wind so that every walkway was perfectly clear and the beach was beautifully combed. The restaurant, Christopher's, was perfectly positioned on the water and also had very cool viewing tower. Again, everything from the beautiful windows and doors to the hardware in the bathrooms was first rate. It made me want to redecorate my home.
Now, on to the food. Conroy the chef was outstanding. He is the man. He talked through our meals with us each day, and I have to say, we have never had such delicious food. We looked forward to these meals and devoured them as fast as they were put in front of us. The other chef was a wonderful woman whose name starts with a D (so sorry I can't remember) and she was so passionate about her job and creating wonderful meals for the visitors. The rest of the staff, especially Kerecia, Elvis, Norma, and Audrey, were warm and welcoming.
There is just one little nitpicky thing I'd like to mention. Because the weather wasn't cooperating, we decided to take advantage of the resort's spa menu. There is a rooftop spa area to get massages, but it was too windy and decided to use our house instead. We saw that they offered facials in addition to massages and opted to go that route. Let me first say that I am a self-proclaimed spa snob. I love spas and really appreciate the aesthetics and relaxation that accompany high-quality spa services. That said, I don't think the resort is really set up for great facials, and we probably would've been better served getting massages.
Overall, we could not have been more pleased. This is a really unique property. It is the antithesis of a large Sandals-type resort, so if you prefer smaller, boutique resorts, this is the one for you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AimeeGabe
Reviewed March 8, 2013

What a perfect piece of heaven! Every detail is attended to. No corners are cut anywhere. From the moment we arrived, my husband and I were enthralled. I could gush for pages about the staff, the gardens, the villas... If you are a traveler who wants to be close to the local end of town, but have peace and quiet to relax in, this is it. If you want good food and great service, this is it. For people who are staying in a villa to have a kitchen, these are well appointed. I love to cook and found the kitchen to be very well equipped. One small suggestion, a peeler would be helpful. The knives are sharp, the pots are good and the dishes are beautiful. The farmer's market is within walking distance, just make sure to wear comfortable shoes. At the market, make your way to the stalls outside at the back for the freshest produce and best pricing. When you are not inclined to cook, Chef Conroy will delight your tastebuds and your eyes with beautifully presented dishes that are full of well-balanced flavour. Nathaniel and Kerecia, I can't say enough about what excellent service you gave us! Miss Norma greeted us warmly on arrival and ensured that everything was attended to down to the last detail. We celebrated our anniversary while there, and the suggestion of a dinner on the pier in the gazebo was an excellent one. Please see the pictures. Our expectations were exceeded in every way. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JupieJune
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I spent two weeks at Hermosa Cove in February 2013.
I have never written a trip advisor review before, despite relying heavily on its content. However, Hermosa Cove was so good that I felt compelled to congratulate everyone who served us so well.
We were there to celebrate my 60th Birthday, with high expectations of luxury and relaxation.This was surpassed by the Hermosa Team, who decorated the beachfront cabana for my special day and provided a fantastic meal.
We stayed in the Mango Villa, which was beautifully decorated, very well equipped and extremely comfortable. The private pool offered a welcome respite from the caribbean heat, whilst our own fridge nearby gave ready access to an ice cold Red Stripe.
The staff, without exception, could not have been more friendly, responsive or hospitable.The restaurant team have a passion for creating excellent tasty food, using local produce, all of which represented good value for money
Hermosa Cove is the antithesis of the more common all inclusive Jamaican holiday facility. It provides the opportunity for you to go out and experience the culture and beautiful local scenery. We regularly walked in to Ocho Rios town centre, both day and night and also hired a car for wider
exploration, but were delighted to be able to return to our tranquil home from home.
Back home in cold, wet England, we have very warm memories of our stay at Hermosa Cove.
Thank you to Mr and Mrs Korver and all their lovely staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SueS1953
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our family of four just returned from a five-night stay at Hermosa Cove, and we were awfully sad to leave. The resort is thoughtfully designed, well-located, and supported by a hospitable staff. We stayed in Nutmeg Hall, and the villa exceeded my expectations; it was even nicer than the photos on the website! On our first day, we were welcomed with chilled towels and iced drinks as we checked in. Later, the chef called to inquire about our children's preferences for dinner. The next day, the gardener took the time to take my 8-year-old around the property and answer her questions about the tropical trees and flowers so she could complete a report for school. This is the kind of service Hermosa Cove offers. Throughout our stay, the grounds were beautiful and tranquil and we felt enveloped in a private paradise. Having a full kitchen allowed us to make some of our meals in our villa, and having our own little pool meant our kids could swim whenever they wanted to. We literally could not have asked for a more idyllic spot to spend our week, and we would love to return someday.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Sandals Royal Plantation
Sandals Royal Plantation
#2 of 35 in Ocho Rios
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort

Been to Hermosa Cove - Jamaica's Villa Hotel? Share your experiences!