“Quaint, Comfortable & Economical.”

Little Shaw Park Guest House
Ranked #9 of 19 Ocho Rios B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Quaint, Comfortable & Economical.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My fiance and I discovered Little Shaw Park after extending our stay in Ochi. We wanted an economical place to stay for a few days. Deborah (owner) was very easy going. My fiance and I wanted something quiet, comfortable & private. That's exactly what we got!!! We stayed in room #21. Room 21 & 22 are on the top level above a car port. It has the best view. It over looks Ocho Rios and faces the office. We had a veranda out front with seating. That was where we spent most of our down time looking into Ochi. There is a common area outdoors were you can have breakfast and chillax in a hammock. The wifi is great there!!! There were three other buildings on the property with multiple units. There were other visitors but we rarely seen them. Room 21 looks like the same room in the picture. Amenities are basic, poster bed, TV, dresser/mirror, night stand, lamp, ceiling fan, working a/c, large bath w/ closet and full size fridge. The comfort level was relaxing. Little Shaw Park is approximately a 15min walk into town. It may have taken us longer. Because, we always stopped to talk to the locals, took pictures and video. Before we knew it, we were in town. LSP is located up hill. Most of the time we walked back to the room. But at the end of a long day or in the evening, we took a taxi for 200-500ja depending on our location. Room Rate per night $50 NEGOTIATED!!!! This was our 3rd visit to LSP.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank ctblackat

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My visit to Little Shaw Park Guest House was very pleasant and quiet, i had a good sleep at night and i found the owners of the property are helpful, pleasant and friendly. They had their driver to take us on Tour to Nine Mile and Dunn's River Falls in one day, which was very exciting.

The property is trim with Boganvilla, clean and well kept as the rooms have nice furnishings and good Cable T.V., Air-Conditioning and good flow of hot and cold water in the bathroom.

We had a good view from the balcony of the garden and the ocean, which was nice to sit out in the night before we went to sleep.

It's very close to the Beach and Town Centre and most times we walked there.and took a taxi back at a very reasonable price and the accommodation was reasonable too.

I will return next year on my summer vacation.and bring my family and friends here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hugo J
Canada
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Deborah & Trevor (owners) were really nice. We stayed there a few years ago and it was just what we needed. It's not Sandals or Breezes but it's a nice, clean and quaint. The neighbouring school can be noisy during the day but ah well. The bathrooms and kitchens are great. The furniture is dusty and outdated but no biggie if you're only there for a while. Just toss a towel or bedsheet over the furniture and your cool.

Since it's a small place, if you need something, just ask. Walking distance to local plaza. Just watch out for traffic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marshymiss
Isle of Wight
Reviewed January 7, 2013

After 2 weeks in various places and no hot showers we were really happy! Okay, it's basic, but clean, we only stayed one night, but there was a kitchen, fridge etc, telly, air con, parking, it was quiet, not too far to walk to the centre, for the price we paid we were well happy. Shame there isn't anywhere to have breakfast or even a coffee nearby, but I imagine most people do that themselves, if you're staying a few days. In comparison with other places for the same money, this was really good. However, didn't like Ocho Rios at all, only passed by to visit Nine Mile, but highly recommend this place should you ever wish to do the same!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lorraine C
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed here at for one night in February 2012. We were just passing by so it was a good place to stay, rooms are nothing special but they are clean, they have a nice bathroom. I said its a place to stay for 1-3 nights because im not a big fan of Ocho rios, theres realy nothing to do there for more than 3 days and other parts of Jamaica realy are more beautiful.

There was also no problem to leave the bags at the hotel for a few hours after checking out so we were realy happy about that because our ride to Montego bay was later in the day.

A nice place to stay in Ocho rios, no complaints!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nika P
Abuja, Nigeria
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I recommend this place for those who are either working with a limited budget or who are not fussy. I went on this trip with limited funds so I did not expect Little Shaw Park Guest House to be grand and luxurious. If you are looking for cheap accomodation...some place to rest your head that's safe at night then THIS IS THE PLACE. There is a mini fridge in the room where you can store food purchased from the town. You can walk to everything from here (8-10 minute walk)...the beach, Margaritaville, and other attractions. I would usually walk down and in the night when I'm ready to return to my room cab it back. Food: in the town there is Burger King, KFC, Mothers (patties and burgers), Juici Beef patties, There is a Greek restaurant, and Margaritaville which is similar to applebee's. Little Shaw Park Guest House enables travelers the opportunity to have a good time on a budget. I stayed 14 nights for $580.00 (U.S). Another great plus was that since I came alone I was able to have friends/relatives spend the night at no extra cost to me.

1. Bring an iron as the rooms do not come with them.
2. Bring air & room deodorizer/freshener: The property is old...they have a weird smell to them. after a good spraying and opening of the windows it was good to go.
3. Bring 2 queen/king sheets to cover with...with provide sheets for their full size beds but they are really small.
4. A taxi ride from the town center to Little Shaw Park Guest House should not be more than $300.00 (Jamaican) and that's for 1-2 people). If they try to charge you more than that take someone else.
5. I stayed in a single room that did not have a microwave but they do offer rooms with a kitchenette's, which is what I may aim for next time. You can get groceries from the supermarket in town.
6. There is also a laundry service in the town center.
7. Attractions: Turtle Tower Beach, Turtle River Park, Margaritaville, and a bunch more...I can't remember right now lol. Dunn's River Falls isn't far...like a cab ride away.

Room Tip: If you are a single female ask for room 22...it's right next to the office. I felt safe there b...