This place is old & needs serious renovations. However, our room was clean. Sheets & towels were changed (sometimes not until evening). However, if you needed more towels at anytime they would be brought. The view was great. Balcony huge. Service is there just laid back & a little slow. The restaraunt was always open, even if it appeared noone was there. Don't expect much, but why would you order filet mignon a $59 hotel. However, the chicken wings were great, as were the fries. Skip breakfast. BK is down the road. No beach, but a 10 min. walk takes you to Mahogany beach (free) with bar & great jerk. The entrance, yes, pot holey. Oh well. Across the alley littlebar with locals where we met great friends. Lenny took us out to the reef right in back of the hotel for a fraction of price elsewhere. Find him at the dive center.
If you are very picky, scared of locals, want A1 service, this is not the place for you. If you want to interact, have a decent place to lay your head with a view, and have an open mind, you might have found paradise for cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Resort Hotel surrounded by private tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silver Seas Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Seas Hotel Ocho Rios
- Silver Seas Ocho Rios
- Silver Seas Resort Hotel Jamaica/Ocho Rios