Four of us (early 60's) just returned from an eight night stay @ the Silver Seas. Upon first arriving, we were a little taken aback @ the age & seeming disrepair of this hotel, but were awed by the view. By the end of the first day we were so glad that we had chosen to stay here! Our rooms were very spacious and clean (though showed age) and the large balconies connected so we were able to enjoy the views together. All of the staff was exceptionally friendly and went out of their way to accommodate us. We ate breakfast and lunch in the restaurant nearly every day and after trying 3 local restaurants in town for dinner, ate the rest of our dinner meals in the restaurant, also. Barry was the dinner cook and if we would tell him in the afternoon what we would like for dinner (even if not on the menu), and what time we wanted to eat, he would have it ready and it was always delicious! Lenny was in charge of the snorkel shop and was as friendly and accommodating as Barry. He set us up for a sunset sail that was awesome! All of the cruise ships that came into port sent their snorkel excursions to the reef that the hotel overlooked and we were able to snorkel at every day. We met a couple one day from one of the cruise ships that just stopped in to enjoy a drink from the bar. They were past visitors to the hotel and wanted to say hello to the staff and enjoy the view. We learned that the Silver Seas was the first grand hotel built in Ocho Rios (1948) and as will happen w/o an influx of $$, has declined w/age. It was still lovingly cared for, even Precious who braids hair, was sweeping the leaves from the almond trees around the pool deck. Many times we commented that the hotel was as gracious and beautiful as an aging movie star from an earlier era. If you're looking for an anonymous all inclusive American style resort, don't stay here. But if you want a feel for Jamaica and it's people and are willing to overlook modern accommodations for the spectacular view, go and enjoy the Silver Seas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Resort Hotel surrounded by private tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Silver Seas Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Seas Hotel Ocho Rios
- Silver Seas Ocho Rios
- Silver Seas Resort Hotel Jamaica/Ocho Rios