All reviews close to downtown laid back the entire staff balcony davis ochi jamaica ships
Selected filters
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is by far the worst hotel. It shouldn't be called an hotel, it should be called a place to rest when all else is unavailable. It smells an poor Customer service. The place is run down with nothing to offer the guests but old beds. I will never visit this place again. I had to leave and go to another hotel close by.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank Nickiesha H
Reviewed August 19, 2018

... growing up in Jamaica, I often used to sit with the fishermen down by the wharf and listen to their many tales".... ok, so this was the opening lines from a Harry Belafonte song "Jamaica Farewell"

But it accurately conjures up images of what it was like in the 60's to stay at this great hotel... Being Kingstonians we used to hop over to "Ochie" on a Friday night... party at the Playboy club in "Orocabess" and then sleep at the Silver Seas. Haven't been there of later (I now live in Hawaii) but when I saw the hotel come up on my list to review I had to comment... This was of course before they dredged and made the deep water port for the cruise ships, when Ochie was a quaint fishing village, before they ruined it...

A friend actually just came back from there though and did stay at the Silver Seas for 2 nights... his comments were: Lovely and accommodating staff, price cant be beat, could use a spruce up, sheets were clean, ambiance from room was very cool...

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

This was by far the worse hotel I've ever stayed in. The room looked like it had been flooded, I had to wait until the next morning for the clerk to return to change my room. The first room had a leak in the bathroom coming from the room above. When I tried to take a shower the water only sprinkled from the showerhead and was still coming out of the bottom portion full force while the tub was backing up. The towels were old, dingy and falling apart and i didn't want to use them but i had no choice. The second room they placed me in was about the same. The beds were so hard i should have just slept on the floor. This place may have been beautiful back in the day but they have not maintained the property and it should be declared as a hazard zone. We were not happy with the stay and will NEVER stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank julieoutcaltlmt
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is older than Jamaica (well, built before Jamaica’s independence),
Relatively good condition due to the age,
Huge spacious rooms , nice shower,
Great freshly made by order breakfast (with additional pay)
And the best breeze and view I’ve ever had in my life.

Just before me and my sister left Jamaica we went back to the silver seas just for a couple of nights, to enjoy this place.

Love it !

Date of stay: October 2017
2  Thank 385shirazc
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

I spent my stay at war with huge roaches, lizards and frogs!!!! Literally each new day was a new fight in trying to kill the pests. That place is infested. When asked to change rooms, we were told that they were completely booked. However, a hour later I witnessed people checking in. I had to ask the couple if they made reservations and they said no. Not only were we lied to about room availability for switching but the entire staff behaved as if we were in the wrong for complaining. Besides the infestation, the hotel is in terrible shape. It desperately needs to be renovated. The beds are old and worn. You can feel every spring and coil in the mattress. The linens are stained and have bugs in them. The bathrooms are filthy with poor plumbing. The only good thing about this place is the ocean view. Due to them denying our refund we had no choice but to bare this infested place. Save yourself the stress and aggravation, avoid this place. We came on vacation to relax. Not to fight pests and dwell in filth. Irate to say the least!

Date of stay: May 2018