For those travelers who, like me, enjoy a more authentic and unique cultural experience while traveling, Silver Seas is a wonderful and well-priced option for your Caribbean adventures. Although Silver Seas is no luxury all-inclusive, its location, charm, and amazingly affordable prices make it a gem in the rough.
The hotel’s most amazing feature is its location—nearly every room, if not every room, has a breathtaking view of the ocean and is only a few steps away from the beach. Also, Silver Seas is a leisurely walk from many of Ochi’s best restaurants, shopping, and entertainment.
The hotel’s amenities are very modest, but are generally clean and safe. In addition to the small beach and dock area, there is a modestly sized pool, as well as a small bar and restaurant. The rooms are starting to show their age and sometimes the AC or water can be a bit finicky. Don’t count on having a TV in your room, or a minifridge, safe, or any other similar amenity that pricier establishments may boast. But remember that you are paying far less than you would at many other local hotels and you booked this hotel for an authentic adventure, right?
Overall: This is one of my favorite hotels. It is no-frills and a bit on the roughing-it side, but it functions perfectly as a “home base” for exploring and enjoying all that authentic Ocho Rios has to offer.
TIPS for an awesome and thrifty Silver Seas vacation:
- Make friends with the staff.
- Buy your snorkel gear at Wal-Mart before you go and leave it behind as a gift for one of your new friends.
- Go to Evita’s! Evita’s is home to some of the best Italian food on the globe, and many stars have visited over the years (you never know who you’ll run into there). It is VERY reasonably priced! (Think “Olive Garden” price range.) And as of the last time we were there, they offer complimentary shuttle service to/from Silver Seas.
- Try a Juci Patti.
- For those of you looking for a super-frugal vaca—buy some of your meals from the local supermarkets (i.e. a loaf of raisin bread for breakfasts, fresh fruit for snacks, etc.) and bring some of your meals from home (i.e. a box of cereal, canned tuna, and good ol’ PB&J).
- There is a cruise ship shopping “village” also within walking distance from Silver Seas. If you want to see a movie, like to gawk at the uber tourists straight off the ship, or you MUST visit every one of Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritavilles, then add this destination to your list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Resort Hotel surrounded by private tropical gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silver Seas Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Seas Hotel Ocho Rios
- Silver Seas Ocho Rios
- Silver Seas Resort Hotel Jamaica/Ocho Rios