All reviews close to downtown laid back the entire staff balcony davis ochi jamaica ships
Selected filters
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is older than Jamaica (well, built before Jamaica’s independence),
Relatively good condition due to the age,
Huge spacious rooms , nice shower,
Great freshly made by order breakfast (with additional pay)
And the best breeze and view I’ve ever had in my life.

Just before me and my sister left Jamaica we went back to the silver seas just for a couple of nights, to enjoy this place.

Love it !

Date of stay: October 2017
2  Thank 385shirazc
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

I spent my stay at war with huge roaches, lizards and frogs!!!! Literally each new day was a new fight in trying to kill the pests. That place is infested. When asked to change rooms, we were told that they were completely booked. However, a hour later I witnessed people checking in. I had to ask the couple if they made reservations and they said no. Not only were we lied to about room availability for switching but the entire staff behaved as if we were in the wrong for complaining. Besides the infestation, the hotel is in terrible shape. It desperately needs to be renovated. The beds are old and worn. You can feel every spring and coil in the mattress. The linens are stained and have bugs in them. The bathrooms are filthy with poor plumbing. The only good thing about this place is the ocean view. Due to them denying our refund we had no choice but to bare this infested place. Save yourself the stress and aggravation, avoid this place. We came on vacation to relax. Not to fight pests and dwell in filth. Irate to say the least!

Date of stay: May 2018
2  Thank Chris H
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is so old. The area it’s located in make it even worst. They need to do a lot of work on this place. I had my family with me and my children were afraid to stay. Please don’t stay here it’s horrible for families.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank Kiki W
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

Quite what anyone describing this place as "rustic" or "charming" is thinking, i have no idea. I knew it was a mistake as the taxi went down the dodgy side streets. It's rare i think about booking a different place while i'm checking in.

Very, very strange character on reception, like an evil robotic butler staring, about to escort you to your cell in the underworld. Dark corridors, over-growing plants, and even stranger zombie-like staff wandering aimlessly. It really would be sinister if it weren't so surreal. Of course, the price you paid isn't the actual door price: there are "service fees" which the staff can't explain.

The view definitely is stunning, and the rooms pretty somehow. However, it's above a beach that looks like a graveyard.

It was probably spectacular before the world-ending meterorite hit and left it as it is now. All the building needs are wild rabid animals prowling, and it'a real live-action horror film you can be a part of. It has to be the only business model left at this point.

In a word, it's... haunting. Not a place for solo females, families, businesspeople, locals - you know, humans that are currently in a pre-death state.

Visit if you are curious for a coffee - like you would a museum. But don't stay. It feels like you genuinely msy not leave, and not for the reasons other reviews mention.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Alex C
Reviewed March 27, 2018

I can't really speak on the facilities, cleanliness, and comfort of the hotel as I did not stay. Here's the break down as to what led to that. Firstly, my partner and I arrived at the property & paid for the room using my debit card. There were two guys there. The one that checked us in told the other guy to take us to the room, the second person behaved in an irritated way basically saying "You checked them in, why don't you show them the room?". He then took the key & hissed and brought us to the room. Unfortunately, the room wasn't to our liking as it was not what we had seen online. Plus, the TV had a very high pitched noise (there was not remote on top of that), and they didn't give us a remote for the AC unit either. We later went back to the front desk to request a change of room and after almost 7 minutes of discussion in which we requested a remote to control the AC and had our request denied, and being told we don't understand the AC and our ears will get used to the high TV pitched sound, and also there aren't anymore rooms they finally agreed to show us another room which wasn't better than the first. We told them that we would prefer a refund because we did not want to stay and the first guy refused to give us, he kept telling us that only the manager could do that and she wouldn't be in till Monday (it was a Saturday night). He refused to use the card machine and void the payment and refused to give us the money back from petty cash. Then when you think things couldn't get any worse he started to argue, you could literally stand from a mile away and hear his voice. He spoke to us in the most disrespectful manner one could possibly imagine and kept resting his hand on his side as if he was armed. It was the most awful experience and my only regret is not recording. We didn't even return for a refund.

Date of stay: March 2018