“Beautiful relaxing hotel”

Silver Seas Resort Hotel
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
“Beautiful relaxing hotel”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed I'm this hotel with my teenage daughter in January 2014 while visiting family and friends in Jamaica . I can say Donna has done a great job with the place I must add she made us feel right at home very friendly and always ask if we were OK. Overall the room was big beautiful scenery. Karaoke nights was a hit and me and my daughter loved the fact that we can go out and swim early morning its not s beach but it has potential if fixed up to be a great swimming spot. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful our rooms were cleaned every day and the locals treated us very welcomed because there seemed to be a lot of locals coming through to lounge around but it didn't bother us because they helped to direct us to clubs and good restaurants in the area. I will most definently be recommending this hotel to all my family and friends and I'll be going back very soon. Donna keep up the good work

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Tiffany N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed at the Silver Seas hotel for 2 nights and enjoyed our stay. The location was very central however if you don't like to be in the thick of things you may not appreciate it. General staff were ok but the Manager, Donna Denny, absolutely rocked! She made our stay awesome and would go back just for her.

This is a nice and affordable place to just chill out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jason P
Cool, California
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This wonderful spot offered 5 star food and the owners, Donna & Patrick are very accommodating, sharing their local experiences with this first time island visitor. The resort is loved by the locals and offers the very best Jerk Chicken dinner I've ever tasted, prepared by Patrick. The rooms are spacious and clean- just right! I've shared my wonderful trip with my friends in Cool, CA and plan to return next time I travel to Jamaica!

Daniel

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Dan12014
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

How does a seasoned traveler respond to a great experience? Plan a repeat performance! Last year was so incredible I couldn't help returning to Silver Seas for the cordial hospitality, tasty cuisine, dreamy views of the ocean and proximity to the farmers markets. The staff treats you like royalty. Mr. Davis' calm demeanor, Ivan's desire to please, and Donna and Patrick provides entertaining libations. Looking forward to a return visit on my next journey.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank asdiais
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Third time here. Went to a bigger hotel for a few days and longed to be back at Silver Seas.
Very chill.
Rooms are huge. The food is delicious. Nothing like sitting on the balcony, sipping the Blue Mountain coffee in the morning. The corral reef across the way.

Magic.....magic.....magic

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LornaNorth
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic,fantastic,soo affordable such lovely people,good decent food,beach meters frm your rooms,short walk to the main markets,cambina and food shops,soo central,breath taking views etc..... will be coming back as soon as we can x

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elisha P
Wells, Maine
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Just arrived home to a mere 5 degrees below zero! The staff at Silver Seas respect! I'm not the typical traveler, I make my trip! I have to say that I feel like family when I return each year. Whether it's my brother Ivan, always there to assist me, sharing a glass of red with Donna and trying to find Ernest Smatt, who owns the beautiful catamaran in the reef, I will get my sail next year lol, Patrick, thanks for all the chats and getting me into my comfort zone! Mr. D, you are like my dad and always have my back, thanks for the daily paper and the conversation, Barry, Lavina and Richard, thanks for the wonder meals, service and all the drinks you poured, I am grateful. Francis, you are a gem, and my room service was impeccable! All I want to say is if you are an adventurer Silver Seas is your place. On the water, the food is great, and service over the top! If you want 5 star go to Sandals or Jamaica Grande and stay on the 50th floor....I will see you all next year...Oh also want to give a big up to Jess and Paulette for all their services as well. Thanks everyone, miss you already!

Room Tip: I like the upper level, but all have ocean front