“1st time Jamaica - Wonderful Experience”

Silver Seas Resort Hotel
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This wonderful spot offered 5 star food and the owners, Donna & Patrick are very accommodating, sharing their local experiences with this first time island visitor. The resort is loved by the locals and offers the very best Jerk Chicken dinner I've ever tasted, prepared by Patrick. The rooms are spacious and clean- just right! I've shared my wonderful trip with my friends in Cool, CA and plan to return next time I travel to Jamaica!

Daniel

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Dan12014

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

How does a seasoned traveler respond to a great experience? Plan a repeat performance! Last year was so incredible I couldn't help returning to Silver Seas for the cordial hospitality, tasty cuisine, dreamy views of the ocean and proximity to the farmers markets. The staff treats you like royalty. Mr. Davis' calm demeanor, Ivan's desire to please, and Donna and Patrick provides entertaining libations. Looking forward to a return visit on my next journey.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank asdiais
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Third time here. Went to a bigger hotel for a few days and longed to be back at Silver Seas.
Very chill.
Rooms are huge. The food is delicious. Nothing like sitting on the balcony, sipping the Blue Mountain coffee in the morning. The corral reef across the way.

Magic.....magic.....magic

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LornaNorth
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic,fantastic,soo affordable such lovely people,good decent food,beach meters frm your rooms,short walk to the main markets,cambina and food shops,soo central,breath taking views etc..... will be coming back as soon as we can x

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elisha P
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Just arrived home to a mere 5 degrees below zero! The staff at Silver Seas respect! I'm not the typical traveler, I make my trip! I have to say that I feel like family when I return each year. Whether it's my brother Ivan, always there to assist me, sharing a glass of red with Donna and trying to find Ernest Smatt, who owns the beautiful catamaran in the reef, I will get my sail next year lol, Patrick, thanks for all the chats and getting me into my comfort zone! Mr. D, you are like my dad and always have my back, thanks for the daily paper and the conversation, Barry, Lavina and Richard, thanks for the wonder meals, service and all the drinks you poured, I am grateful. Francis, you are a gem, and my room service was impeccable! All I want to say is if you are an adventurer Silver Seas is your place. On the water, the food is great, and service over the top! If you want 5 star go to Sandals or Jamaica Grande and stay on the 50th floor....I will see you all next year...Oh also want to give a big up to Jess and Paulette for all their services as well. Thanks everyone, miss you already!

Room Tip: I like the upper level, but all have ocean front
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank echase50
Reviewed December 28, 2013

It's an older style hotel but I really liked it.
It's very close to the centre of town and facing the ocean with a private beach.
The pool was nice and we had a fantastic time hanging out at the bar with the awesome manager/bartender Donna. She's so much fun and great to chat with. Hang at the bar with her if you get the chance, it made our trip.

Breakfast at the hotel was ok, but service was a little slow. But I guess that's quite common in Jamaica.

This was a great base to explore the area and go to the Dunns River Falls.
I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SydScott
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

This is the oldest hotel in ocho rios. Remember that if booking. The place is very old and needs a lot of work but the rooms were enormous and the staff lovely. The have beach access. For us it was perfect as we were just using the hotel as a place to sleep as we had activities planned. We didn't eat in the restaurant so I can't comment on the food

• Stayed: September 2013