“It rocked.....again!”

Silver Seas Resort Hotel
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Third time here. Went to a bigger hotel for a few days and longed to be back at Silver Seas.
Very chill.
Rooms are huge. The food is delicious. Nothing like sitting on the balcony, sipping the Blue Mountain coffee in the morning. The corral reef across the way.

Magic.....magic.....magic

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LornaNorth

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic,fantastic,soo affordable such lovely people,good decent food,beach meters frm your rooms,short walk to the main markets,cambina and food shops,soo central,breath taking views etc..... will be coming back as soon as we can x

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elisha P
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Just arrived home to a mere 5 degrees below zero! The staff at Silver Seas respect! I'm not the typical traveler, I make my trip! I have to say that I feel like family when I return each year. Whether it's my brother Ivan, always there to assist me, sharing a glass of red with Donna and trying to find Ernest Smatt, who owns the beautiful catamaran in the reef, I will get my sail next year lol, Patrick, thanks for all the chats and getting me into my comfort zone! Mr. D, you are like my dad and always have my back, thanks for the daily paper and the conversation, Barry, Lavina and Richard, thanks for the wonder meals, service and all the drinks you poured, I am grateful. Francis, you are a gem, and my room service was impeccable! All I want to say is if you are an adventurer Silver Seas is your place. On the water, the food is great, and service over the top! If you want 5 star go to Sandals or Jamaica Grande and stay on the 50th floor....I will see you all next year...Oh also want to give a big up to Jess and Paulette for all their services as well. Thanks everyone, miss you already!

Room Tip: I like the upper level, but all have ocean front
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank echase50
Reviewed December 28, 2013

It's an older style hotel but I really liked it.
It's very close to the centre of town and facing the ocean with a private beach.
The pool was nice and we had a fantastic time hanging out at the bar with the awesome manager/bartender Donna. She's so much fun and great to chat with. Hang at the bar with her if you get the chance, it made our trip.

Breakfast at the hotel was ok, but service was a little slow. But I guess that's quite common in Jamaica.

This was a great base to explore the area and go to the Dunns River Falls.
I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SydScott
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

This is the oldest hotel in ocho rios. Remember that if booking. The place is very old and needs a lot of work but the rooms were enormous and the staff lovely. The have beach access. For us it was perfect as we were just using the hotel as a place to sleep as we had activities planned. We didn't eat in the restaurant so I can't comment on the food

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank christie1981
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My friend booked this hotel as we were only going to Ochi for a short stay as part of a lengthier trip, I'm not usually a fan of budget hotels but this was a great surprise!

Our room was spacious and clean, the bathroom was immaculate although the tap splashed water everywhere, and the balcony was huge and had amazing sea views. Honestly I was seriously impressed at the view given how little we paid for the room...in a major hotel you would have spent at least triple the price for a view like that!

We did have problems with our balcony door; it was tricky to open and close and also the front door was not the sturdiest! Please bear in mind there are no in-room safes...this did not affect us as we did not carry any valuables which would be left unattended in the room. There is security and the hotel felt safe, however I ensured that we stayed in a room on the second floor.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I can honestly say I was not eager to stay at Silver Seas based on the reviews I read. Even after going there to see what it was like before booking I was hesitant. I however decided to stay there as the price was right. I stayed with my fiance and we're both Jamaicans. We're from Portland and just wanted a little getaway. We opted to see firsthand where we were staying before we booked as we weren't too familiar with Ocho Rios. We checked in the night of September 3 and checked out September 8 for a total of 5 nights. The views were great, the staff was great except one guy who worked the night shift, he wasn't too pleasant. Donna, was great, I believe she is in charge of entertainment. It would be nice if they gave her more creative freedom as I think she had great ideas to engage the guests of Silver Seas. Her ideas I believe would draw more guests and give the other hotels good competition. I sorta envied watching the guests of Sandals' splashing and dashing on jet skies and boats. I also heard music, and lots of excitement coming from over there. They could certainly stand to offer guests a little bit more as far as more than one soap bar (thought I used my own) ice, cups, bottled water, a mini fridge would be nice. Some basic items that I've seen in other hotels. Nonetheless, I enjoyed my time at Silver Seas. The price was the most endearing aspect compared to the other hotels in the area. Would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor to get a great ocean view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple