“Too Many People”

Ranked #2 of 69 things to do in Ocho Rios
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Too Many People”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at a nearby resort for our honeymoon. We had an ok time at Dunn's River Falls. We probably would have had a better time if we did not go the same day as a cruise ship. The waterfall is beautiful. Yet, to climb it you hold hands with strangers almost the entire time. This would be fine except it takes awhile to climb the falls. We spent most of our time helping other people with their climbing then enjoying the falls ourselves. I would not do it again unless I could climb it with just my spouse or friends.

• Arabic first
Decatur, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“enjoyed this tour”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I enjoyed climbing through the falls and getting very wet which felt good because it is so hot there. A little scary though when you get on a slippery rock or get to a hole you fall in. I enjoyed the climb. i think it was 900 ft.

London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A must when visiting Ochi!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Such an integral part of Ochi, locals and tourists alike all climb the falls! I didn't go with a guide and I managed to climb twice fairly easily, the benefits of a guide is that they give you pointers on the easiest route to take and warn you of the rough spots. I will say that I found it easiest to climb barefoot, I wouldn't necessarily bother with the shoes that are on sale...

Visited August 2013
Overland Park, Kansas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful place but tourist trap”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The falls are an awesome thing to see and hike but they are completely flooded with tourists and they give you a "guide" to walk you up the river falls. There are hundreds of people and it feels more like you're a 5th grader on a field trip. Scenery is great but it's VERY commercialized.

1 Thank Gary S
Pensacola, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Chukka Cat is the only way to get there”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Best boat tour to Dunn's River Falls. The party was "Jump'in Crazy Mon. Orlando kept the Party going. This boat really rocks!!