“FUN”

44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“FUN”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

It was a fun to hike up the waterfall. The water was cool and I would recommend using your own water shoes to climb it. Don't bring a camera that isn't waterproof because you WILL get wet. It's about a 30-45 minute climb from the beach to the top. If you go with a tour they show you the easiest climb and even stop at the best spots to take pictures. They are very pushy though when it comes to tips and buying their photo / video packages. Don't get discouraged, it's okay to say no!

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Quebec
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Challenging but awesome activity!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I climbed the Dunn's River Falls and I had so much fun. I'm so glad I did this. This is unlike anything else I've seen or done before.

I have to say though, it is not for just anyone. if you are in bad shape, or have short legs, it can be quite challenging. I saw a women in her 60's struggling and falling in the first 5 minutes and I think she had to drop out and take the stairs. I have no trouble imaging some people might get injured while doing this activity. You need to be careful where you step.

Also, it is crucial to have water-shoes and even with those, the rocks tend to be slippery.

They do ask that people in your group hold hands and at first I thought it was a bad idea, but if the person in front of you is strong, it can be quite helpful. On the other hand, if the person behind you is having trouble, it can be a struggle to help them out.

The water is cool but with the warm weather it is refreshing.

The guide will take pictures of you if you have your camera with you, which is nice. They will expect a tip at the end, same for the person who welcome you at the beginning and see you off at the end.

I recommend having your bathing suit under your clothes when you get there as there isn't much time to get ready. At the end, you can use the changing rooms to put on dry clothes. You rent lockers there for 8$ and when you are done they give you 3$ back.

Before leaving, you have to walk near locals selling stuff. They are very persistent, you need to ignore them, say no thank you and walk fast. It is better to do your shopping near the cruise port, at the Taj-Mahal, better deals and the sellers are more civilized. For the best deals in liquor, wait till you are even closer to the cruise ships, at the Cruise Booze liquor store.

Overall, it was a a very cool activity; it is a challenge you will be happy you conquered.

1 Thank carorules
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Super fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife was hesitant but halfway in to it she was glad she did. I was the one who fell in the water!! Safe fun. Everyone holds hands and they clean the algae off so it is not slippery

Visited August 2013
Derby, England
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We went as a group including my 66 yr old mother and 16yr old son and all had a blast.
It was fairly busy but the experience was brilliant and strangers helping each other climb added to it.
It rained torrentially the whole time but was still so warm and fun it wasn't a problem. Make sure you're prepared to get wet through as you can't get half wet in the falls - most people just wore bathing suits and water shoes.

We did the tour as part of the Cool Runnings trip and loved every minute.
Bring a waterproof camera and enjoy an amazing trip!

Visited August 2013
New York, New York, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

All I can say is woooooooow! My husband and I had a fun fun day at the Dunns river falls, it's a must see. Our guide was terrific as he took us through the journey carefully. We were to take pictures right in the middle of the fall. It's about an hour and a half drive from Rosé hall. They also record your journey from the base to the top of the river fall for sale if you are interested, the DVD is 40 bucks. It was a very wet fun day for us both.