“Great destination for family - although it is crowded”

Dunn's River Falls and Park
$45.00*
Ocho Rios Shore Excursion: Private Dunn's River Falls Tour
Ranked #2 of 68 things to do in Ocho Rios
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Visited from our cruise and had a great trip. Went with my 5 and 7 year olds and made it up the falls without incident. Recommend water shoes (Especially for the kids). I went in Teva sandals, which were ok; sometimes hard to pull out of the water as the water rushes between my feet and shoe. It was very crowded, but we had about 20 people in our tour, and there were a lot of tours on-going. We took our small waterproof camera, but it was hard to take pics as I had to hold hands with the kids.

Biggest complaint was when you leave the falls back to the parking lot, you have to pass through a small market and the sellers push hard for a sale. Just keep walking.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Not for the faint hearted! Water cold and very steep but what great fun. Make sure you have your own shoes that will not come off i.e. no flip flops as you will not be allowed on the falls without hiring shoes. I had a pair of Crocs that were fine. You can either walk up the hard way or the easy way so chices for both, although i would not recommend for young children. Great places for photos and the guides were great. Worth a visit. There are however no lockers so you will have to leave stuff on the bus or in the car if you hire one, therefore do not take any valuables.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was disappointed...I don't like the fact that the price varies depending on your nationality. In addition the signs say that swim shoes are recommended but they will tell you that you HAVE to have them. Rental price $7 or buy for $17 (ridiculous). This was the closest falls to us but I would recommend one of the other falls on the island that are much better, you don't have to do the group/holding hands thing and better priced. For a island who relies on tourism they sure do try to rip off those of us there to spend money.

3  Thank Jac-kayz
Reviewed March 21, 2013

A trip of walking with nature. Sure it's crowded, but don't let that keep you away. Just enjoy the beauty and don't worry about anything else.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

A good experience, slightly physical..... which is what we liked. Snorkeling included! Very cool...... would have liked to have travelled farther in the catamaran... to see more of the coast.