“quite the adventure”

and up
Dunn's River Falls Tour from Ocho Rios
Ranked #2 of 69 things to do in Ocho Rios

We booked our tour through Royal Caribbean. I am 61, my friends 65 and 55
We were alittle nervous about this, but had a blast! The bus picked us up at an assigned area. The guide(on bus) and bus driver were wonderful. She was very informative on our 1 hour bus ride to the falls. There were so many people going in to do this. It did take a good 45 minutes to 1 hour to get assigned our guide to climb the falls. I will say, thank goodness there was a wonderful husband and wife ahead of me and I was lucky enough to have his hand climbing. The water was cold, but you got use
to it right away. It was alot of fun. We gave our guide between the three of us $20.00 and
I think he was very happy. I agree with the other reviews I've read. I am not likely to shop
anywhere they are too agressive and the merchants were very agressive. I would definitly recommend doing this

Write a ReviewReviews (15,796)
All reviews
in 217 reviews
"video"
in 1,631 reviews

Reviewed March 28, 2012

After climbing the falls going for a swim in this beach is great! The water is warm and when I was there not many people are in the water because they are too busy climbing the falls haha :-)

Reviewed March 28, 2012

The falls were beautiful! I climbed it half way and just taking in that experience was Amazing! It's not something you want to do alone. They have tour guides that go up with you in groups. I went up with my boyfriend and his friends. My boyfriend was born in Jamaica so he has climbed it thousands of times so we went up ourselves. The water is a little cold but it was refreshing especially in the heat. Going again this year and I am determined to climb to the top. TAKE A RISK & CLIMB!!!

Reviewed March 28, 2012

A huge waterfall that you walk all the way up in a human chain. You will be absolutely soaked and love every second of it. Don't forget to rent a locker for anything you want to keep dry. Videos are for sale after for $40. We got one.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I first climbed Dunns river falls 21 yrs ago and had a blast! This year we returned to Jamaica and it was on our to-do list .Once again awesome! If you are Staying at a resort around Ocho Rios then save yourself a few dollars and just get a cab there it shouldn't cost more than $40 U.S ,then its $20U.S pp to get in( A resort tour will run you about $80U.S PP ). After that you can get a guide if you wish,its NOT mandatory. We passed on the guide because we like adventure, not climbing with 20 people holding hands..BORING! We took our time and took lots of photos! A waterproof camera is also a must..unless you get a guide he will carry your camera and take pics for you ..but you have to tip him well...Go and do your type of tour.No matter what you choose you'll have fun!!