“So fun!”

Blue Hole Private Tour from Ocho Rios
Ranked #4 of 69 things to do in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Come experience a little thrill and adventure, getting to see breathtaking views, and doing optional jumps on the way down, through a Jamaican jungle! The river is refreshing, and the views are once in a lifetime, it is a experience you won't regret, or soon forget!
Reviewed August 29, 2014

We really didn't want to do Dunn River Falls since it sounded like a tourist trap. This was incredible. Beautiful, wasn't crowded at all. There was maybe one other group of 2 there. We had a great guide who took amazing pictures for us and we felt well taken care of. I would recommend tipping your guide at the end!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,318)
All reviews
in 92 reviews
"secret falls"
in 56 reviews

Reviewed August 28, 2014

This was an amazing place to visit. So much better than seeing Dunn's River falls (we assume based on the reports that it is like a Six Flags- tons of people, where you're herded up the waterfall). The blue hole was such an awesome experience. My boyfriend and I joined a tour guide who took us up the various waterfalls where we jumped into the three (four?) little lagoons. Physically, it was a little challenging at some times but you didn't have to do everything they suggested! I would absolutely recommend this. Julian was an awesome tour guide at the hole. We got there through Yardie tours which was great!

1  Thank mandaw2013
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We had a group of 10 adults in Jamaica and it was the first time for most. We had went to dunns river falls the previous day and thought that was beautiful but after going to blue hole it cannot compare. The beauty at blue hole was incredible and purely amazing. Like nothing you can imagine. dunns doesn't touch this. To see all the falls you do have to be able to climb and hike a little but no more than dunns. Our guides Omar, Kemar, and Coco were great and made the trip so much fun. It is untouched and not commercial like dunns. We compared dunns to Disney world after seeing the blue hole. Be prepared to be entrenched with the lovely local people and share in the beauty that is in their back yard. The local non commercial flare is what part of what made this so great. A must see in Jamaica!! $10 per person and we tipped nicely to the guides.

1  Thank Anne R
Reviewed August 27, 2014

My husband and I recently took a trip to Jamaica and after researching places to see we decided Blue Hole was a must-see. Our tour company picked us up at 9am and we were there by 9:30 (if even that late). We were the first guests of the day and in fact, we did not see any other guests during our entire visit. The water was the most beautiful blue I had ever seen. The whole place was in pristine condition and appeared to have very little human impact to ruin it's natural beauty. The falls were breathtaking and the swimming holes abundant. Our guide was wonderful and skillfully took us up and around the falls and water holes. He demonstrated some dives from us and allowed my husband to do some jumps off the smaller falls. I was a wimp and he was totally understanding and nice about me passing on jumping off of the rocks into water. The rope swing was a fun addition, and the guide was able to talk me into trying that. I'm so glad that we found this destination off of the very beaten path and got to experience it before it turns into a mega-attraction.

1  Thank Tina O