“Try it! Beautiful”

Book In Advance
More Info
$72.86*
and up
Blue Hole and Secret Falls Day Trip plus Shopping from Montego Bay and Grand...
Ranked #1 of 69 things to do in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Come experience a little thrill and adventure, getting to see breathtaking views, and doing optional jumps on the way down, through a Jamaican jungle! The river is refreshing, and the views are once in a lifetime, it is a experience you won't regret, or soon forget!
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Cruised with Royal Caribbean and did this with 13 adult family members. The picked us up in a nice comfortable bus and drove us a ways to the Blue Hole. My sister in law booked it so I just went with the flow and had no idea what it was. I went with no expectations and was thrilled with the outcome. It was so beautiful. The cute Jamaican guides were so pleasant, professional and happy to help. They were such cute young men. I felt safe even when they told us to leave all our personal belonging on the bus. Like everything but our waterproof cameras. We all left our phones, cash, licenses, etc. behind. Nothing went missing while we were gone. There were a few pretty high places to jump but mostly some easy jumps ( 6-10 feet). Also a fun rope swing. The huge waterfall jump would be good for thrill seekers. I would say kids would be fine to take, maybe 4-5 and older. The very short distance we hiked would be manageable for kids. (with some hand holding in a few spots). I saw an older gentleman with knee problems struggle in a few spots. They had a bathroom but it was like a shack with a flushing toilet. I would highly recommend this. I liked that it wasn't "Americanized". It was real Jamaica. I would go again.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,218)

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Courtney Taylor took us to the Blue Hole during our day trip in Jamaica (from our cruise ship) and it was fabulous!

Jerome was our guide and took such good care of us.
You climb up beside a series of little water falls and then you jump down into pools of water. I am almost 60 and have significant joint problem. Jerome helped me the entire way and I jumped down so many falls I can't remember!

The place was not crowded and the staff was wonderful.

our group of 6 laughed and giggled the entire time (even the tough college football coach!)

Courtney also did a great job of giving us a great day.
He provided wonderful information, took us where we wanted and treated us with kindness and fun.

This is a Must-Do tour if your cruise stops on the north side of Jamaica!

1  Thank FirstCruiser60
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Blue Hole gives you the great opportunity to laze around the pool or jump into the mineral springs and apply the healing mud to your aching muscles and joints... BUT the jumping was definitely a scary, exciting, hilarious experience. I really appreciated the guys for encouraging me and being patient with me... they made the experience one to remember.

2  Thank Carron W
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Skip the crowded & expensive cruise ship provided excursions to Dunnes Falls and go see this place. No forms, no formalities, no commercialism, just a natural attraction. Blue Hole (some call it Secret Falls) is a series of swimming holes in the jungle linked by a cool clear river with excellent local guides to make sure you have fun without getting hurt. Our 3 teens voted it best excursion of our cruise over the stingrays and dolphins.

Bring water shoes & a waterproof camera and leave everything else behind (especially sunglasses - its well shaded and you'll break them on a jump!) as there are no lockers or other facilities. Great fun for all ages though you do have to be somewhat physically fit to climb over rocks, dirt paths, and through the water.

1  Thank Pitch4Paul
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Untapped GOLD here at the Blue Hole. Coolest, most authentic Jamaican experience you'll have on the island. Reasonably priced, and you'll get 3+ hours of fun. Jumping into waterfalls, very short hikes to multiple locations, swimming, and great picture opportunities will make you fall in love! Loved every second of it

1  Thank Alex P