“Cool, crisp water”

Blue Hole
Book In Advance
$72.86*
and up
Blue Hole and Secret Falls Day Trip plus Shopping from Montego Bay and Grand...
$55.00*
Blue Hole Private Tour from Ocho Rios
$77.00*
Blue Hole and Sightseeing Tour from Falmouth
Ranked #1 of 68 things to do in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Come experience a little thrill and adventure, getting to see breathtaking views, and doing optional jumps on the way down, through a Jamaican jungle! The river is refreshing, and the views are once in a lifetime, it is a experience you won't regret, or soon forget!
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We spent the day travelling the countryside and stopped at Blue Hole mineral springs. Nice clear, cool water you can access by leaping down 35 feet (I did it!), climbing down the ladder, or there is also a nice man-made pool if you're not into adventure. Once I was in the water two nice young men offered to apply the powdered mineral to our skin. They scrapped it off the wall and made a paste which the rubbed all over us. It made my skin feel great, and I can still feel the difference 10 days later! We paid them a small tip and it was totally worth it. We were also given a tour of the new luxury hotel they are building there.

1  Thank Caddy W

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The guides here are amazing! Life gaurds as guides and not PUSHY AT ALL!!!!
AMAZING!! very understanding if you are nervous and let you take your time! and take pics for you!!

1  Thank Tusc7498
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I found out about this place via Trip Advisor. It appears Rusty a driver from the Jewel Dunn Resort has a nice business going on with this place. If we were not staying at the Jewel Dunn maybe I would have known nothing about it. It is off the beaten path. No one associated with tourism will tell you about this place. Be warned the Jamaican government has not deemed this a tourist attraction. There are no weavers or paper work. This is private land. Your safety is up to you. Yes, the guides stay with you and show you the way the entire time. However, they do this every day. They tend to think things are completely safe. Remember the road you come in to get here. How long would it take to get help if needed?

If you are smart you can have a good time. Listen to yourself about how high you feel comfortable jumping. I would also not walk down the water fall again. I felt some pressure and did it. Then as I watched others I realized that wasn't the smartest thing for me to have done. Be sure to stay in shallow water as you walk back to the smaller falls. If walk on just the rock you will fall.

Water shoes are a must. You walk on dirt and rocky paths. The water is not the warmest.

Overall I am glad we went. I would maybe think a tad more before jumping the first time. I was really high. I also suggest putting swim ear or other product in your ears post. We all had small ear infections post. They do have a location for you to change clothes post or pre. Tipping is expected and the guys do work hard to show you around. You didn't pay anything to get in so seems fair. Be safe.

2  Thank Me9247
Reviewed September 18, 2013

After going to Dunn's river falls, dolphin cove & snorkeling in Ocho Rios, the absolute best tour was the Blue Hole in outside of Ocho Rios. Our tour guide was 'Omar' and he was absolutely fabulous!! He shared the history of the city and the different things around the Blue Hole and welcomed us back. He jumped off the cliff that was over 20 feet high and invited us to do the same but we are not daredevil's like he is. Check out the pictures attached!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

One of the best kept secrets in Jamaica. As a repeat visitor of this wonderful island country, I can say this is a must see/ do for any person visiting the Ocho Rios area. The scenery is amazing and the water can be enjoyed by all. The local guides will take you for an amazing adventure through the falls, water caves etc, or you can enjoy a stroll along the way taking photos. There is no admission fee and no sales pitch whatsoever. The Jamaican government does not make any money off of this privately opened, publicly operated attraction therefore your hotel will not offer it as an excursion, but ask any taxi driver or employee of a hotel to arrange transportation and you will be fine. You need not bring anything but a camera, towel and water shoes. The guides will provide the way. You can spend an hour or a day! The photos posted by past reviewers says it all. This is a Dunns River Falls experience without the hassle, the way Jamaica used to be thirty years ago! (For a safe, reliable ride to the Blue Hole-Juniors Taxi Service 876-373-6631)