New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One of a Kind Attraction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Wow! What can I say about this....we had read all of tge reviews and were still a little uncertain of this activity. We took a Peat Taylor tour up in the hills east of ocho rios. The Blue Hole is hidden well up in the hills, take a tour, you will not b able to find it on your own.
Now, once arriving we were greeted by the local tour guide Dillon & Cole, they were great. They are two of 14 local guides that are there to help you. They explained everything that we would do and helped us all along the way. The local guys there show off by running full speed and jumping off of a 30' cliff into the Blue Hole. The Blue hole is a series of waterfalls that flow into a limestone mineral "hole", looking very blue to the eye.
You get to jump/dive into the Blue hole from several different places, up high, down low, off the waterfall, etc. You get to swim under the waterfall and climb out a cave behind the falls. You get to climb the falls to other points experiencing the cool refreshing water. Totally Amazing!!!!!!!

I agree with many of the other reviews that the BLUE HOLE IS THE BEST AtTRACTION IN Jamaica, Hands down!,,,,,The water is just amazing.
DO THE BLUE HOLE! ITS BETTER THAN DUNNS RIVER FALLS! We spent about 1.5 hours and it seemed like 3 hours of fun!
The Peat Taylor tour guide will entertain you on you 30 minute journey there through the hills of Ochi.

1 Thank Kirk I

32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

The place is GORGEOUS, although getting up there was a bit frightening as some of the roads are iffy at best! I was honestly unsure what we would be doing at the Blue Hole, but we sure did it ALL! I am sorry to say I do not remember the names of the 2 guys who guided us through the falls, and I, personallly, owe them BIG for all the help they gave me! They were incredibly strong and pleasant and we were all very grateful! It is am amazing experience and I HIGHLY suggest it, but know it can get pretty scary and requires a bit of physical agility and strength. You CAN do it though with their help!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL and fun!

Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A hidden gem, an oasis, and the most beautiful place on earth.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We arranged a private driver to take us to the blue hole as this is not your typical tourist attraction. Our driver set us up with a local named Kevin who our guide. Kevin was great, he took care of my Mom helping her along the way through a series of fresh water falls and caves, we jumped from the falls and cliffs into crystal clear blue water, surrounded by jungle. Kevin only asked for $10 US pp, but we tipped well. He took some of our best pictures during our trip, had water shoes for rent $5 US pp but I would recommend you bring your own. We enjoyed the tour so much we visited twice.

1 Thank Jimmehh
Chester, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Off the Beaten Path”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I loved that this "attraction" was off the beaten path, not innundated with people and leisurely. Definitely get your water shoes and waterproof cameras for a great time.

Orlando, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

What a beautiful spot! We were amazed by our guides, Omar and Jerome, at the Blue Hole. They were so patient with us and led us through a series of different spots/experiences at the Blue Hole. They also held onto our waterproof camera and took tons of pictures of us. I would definitely suggest water shoes for this excursion! And, a waterproof camera! The pictures they took were amazing. Our daughters, ages 17 & 20, loved everything about the Blue Hole. My husband and I were a little more "timid" in some of the activities, but enjoyed most of the "challenges" and definitely the scenery!! This should not be missed!