“WOW!”

Ocho Rios Dunn's River Falls and Blue Hole
Ranked #1 of 69 things to do in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Come experience a little thrill and adventure, getting to see breathtaking views, and doing optional jumps on the way down, through a Jamaican jungle! The river is refreshing, and the views are once in a lifetime, it is a experience you won't regret, or soon forget!
Pittsburgh, Pa
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“WOW!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The place is GORGEOUS, although getting up there was a bit frightening as some of the roads are iffy at best! I was honestly unsure what we would be doing at the Blue Hole, but we sure did it ALL! I am sorry to say I do not remember the names of the 2 guys who guided us through the falls, and I, personallly, owe them BIG for all the help they gave me! They were incredibly strong and pleasant and we were all very grateful! It is am amazing experience and I HIGHLY suggest it, but know it can get pretty scary and requires a bit of physical agility and strength. You CAN do it though with their help!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL and fun!

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A hidden gem, an oasis, and the most beautiful place on earth.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We arranged a private driver to take us to the blue hole as this is not your typical tourist attraction. Our driver set us up with a local named Kevin who our guide. Kevin was great, he took care of my Mom helping her along the way through a series of fresh water falls and caves, we jumped from the falls and cliffs into crystal clear blue water, surrounded by jungle. Kevin only asked for $10 US pp, but we tipped well. He took some of our best pictures during our trip, had water shoes for rent $5 US pp but I would recommend you bring your own. We enjoyed the tour so much we visited twice.

1 Thank Jimmehh
Chester, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Off the Beaten Path”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I loved that this "attraction" was off the beaten path, not innundated with people and leisurely. Definitely get your water shoes and waterproof cameras for a great time.

Orlando, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Wow!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

What a beautiful spot! We were amazed by our guides, Omar and Jerome, at the Blue Hole. They were so patient with us and led us through a series of different spots/experiences at the Blue Hole. They also held onto our waterproof camera and took tons of pictures of us. I would definitely suggest water shoes for this excursion! And, a waterproof camera! The pictures they took were amazing. Our daughters, ages 17 & 20, loved everything about the Blue Hole. My husband and I were a little more "timid" in some of the activities, but enjoyed most of the "challenges" and definitely the scenery!! This should not be missed!

Union, Kentucky
“Stunning water, great guide and very uncrowded!!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at the Sunset Jamaica Grande and hired a private cabbie named Arnold (he was terrififc, we used him several times...his phone # is 876-896-3823, email sunshinetours1@yahoo.com) to drive us to the blue hole. It was about a 30 minute drive from the hotel. Arnold stayed with us and took pictures with our camera, which was awesome! A local guide then took us to the blue hole, where we swam, used rope swings, explored great underwater limestone caves and hiked up the falls. We saw an iguana, banana trees, sugar cane and The water glows a very distinct color of blue due to the limestone.This was the highlight of our Jamaican trip. It was secluded, peaceful and beautiful!!!!! We paid our driver $80 for the round trip experience and we gave our guide $40 for his expert help on the tour (for 2 people).
I would definitely do this again!!!