WINNER WONDERLAND

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“small but interesting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

lovely paintings/drawings, also free, I like free... if you wanted to purchase anything, make sure you have a lot of money on you.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank all777

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Harmonious Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

The art gallery not only had an impressive collection of well-known as well as emerging Jamaican artists (I particularly like the Rastafarian artwork), but also books, trinkets and prints for sale. There was something very special about purchasing a piece of artwork from this special place tucked away in the heart of St. Ann. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. We did not dine at the restaurant, but I looked at the menu and saw that it was quite pricey.
My only reason for giving a rating of 'Very Good' instead of 'Excellent' is that the owners and staff told me that I would not have any charges for delivery of my painting to the UK, and I in fact did have to pay VAT when the package was delivered. They did apologize to me for their mistake however.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Dee J
Leonardtown, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Jamaican talent on display”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

It is located in the upstairs of a totally charming historic house, with the best restaurant we ate at the whole week located below (Toscanini's). We saw so many paintings we wanted to buy, but they weren't in our price range (average for a small oil painting was $390.00). But it was very fulfilling to look and appreciate, anyway. In the gift shop I bought a rustic, hand-carved wooden tray, which I was very happy with. From the heart of Ocho Rios the taxi fare was $40.00. 'Sounds like a lot--and it is--but it's worthwhile visiting, especially when you pair it with a meal at Toscanini's.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Gretchen R
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Great Window”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a good window into the art of the country. Pieces have you walking and looking and comeing back. If you love art, and pices that leave you with that feeling I know exactly where you belong, I know what you make me feel then this is a place. There are a mix of artist. Some new ones whcih clearly cost less, but you can see if you are an investor that it will appreciate. At the same time there are great pices from strong Jamaican artist. Even if you are not buying it is great to be around and feel the pieces.

Visited December 2012
NYC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“a spacious antique gallery with gingerbread trim that features a feast of island artists.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

As a contributing artist myself, Harmony Hall is one of the most warm and lovely exhibition spaces that I know of. The owners, Peter and Annabella Proudlock, are very devoted hosts and curators. They are always supportive of Jamaican artists and their myriad styles. An adjoining gift shop is adorned with unusual local craft trinkets..... and there is also a reputable restaurant on this charming property. Try to catch a show...... they are so special and inviting for all! Melisande Potter

Visited April 2010