“Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!”

and up
Jamaica Dunn's River Falls Party Cruise with Snorkeling
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cool Runnings Catamarans offers two unforgettable daily cruises to the famed Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. The party begins when you hop aboard the beautiful catamarans docked at picturesque Mahogany Beach. While the DJ spins the best in reggae and soca music, the delightful hostesses serve welcoming fruit punch and soft drinks. "Safety first" is the capable captain's #1 goal. The action-packed sea adventure begins with snorkeling in the deep blue Caribbean reefs, and the attentive crew prepares you with guidelines, snorkel tips, training, and what to expect when you reach the Falls. The excitement builds while cruising past emerald hills, waterfalls, and historical sites before docking at the foot of the world-famous Falls. Expert guides lead your climb up the impressive cascading 600-foot (183-meter) waterfalls. The invigorating jaunt through the scenic tropical rain forest is a primer for the fun awaiting you on the sail home. Greeted back onboard with a smile and an open bar, the DJ pumps up the volume and it's time to let loose! You'll agree that Cool Runnings Catamarans is the ultimate party boat experience in the Caribbean! The Cool Runnings Dunn's River Falls Cruise is the must-do activity on your Jamaican vacation. The 9 a.m. cruise is perfect for families with small children. The 12:30 p.m. sail is great for groups, couples, singles, family reunions, and birthday and wedding celebrations. Visitors from Negril and Montego Bay are treated to an authentic Jamaican lunch before boarding.
Brampton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

day. If it wasn't for your staff and how amazing they are I would never support your excursion again. Also your captain with the name tag lap walks around with his iPhone video taping woman dancing and that is not appropriate and extremely unprofessional and the male supervisor walking around scratching himself around guest is rude and should never be happening on a family excursion. I would hope as a business catering to tourist you will take care of these issues and sure that these people are spoken to. There was also a female staff name cheketa I believe her name was, she was rude and talked down to us, I understand we all have bad days but leave it at home and remember you work on a tourist excursion treat people with respect.

2 Thank Tracy B

• Polish first
Dayton
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Awesome Day at the Falls”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Cool Runnings Catamaran sent their bus to pick our group up at 10:30am. It was a very nice bus (no restrooms) with a great bus driver and a great tour escort that gave us information about Jamaica and made us laugh, pretty much all the way to the catamaran. We did stop 1 time for restroom break and purchase drinks and snacks.
Once we arrived at the dock, we were taken to a small place that had Jerk chicken, rice, slaw, bread and soft drinks or punch. The food was ok but not very much of it. My husband got 2 very small pieces of chicken and I got a wing. We passed on the slaw so we only got chicken and rice. They told us on the bus we could go back for seconds but when my husband did, they were out of chicken. He waited for a few minutes and he went back and they gave him 1 more very small piece of chicken. So we left hungry. When my daughter and daughter in law went to the restrooms at this place, they were disgusting. By the time I got there, the ladies had cleaned them up, somewhat. They were standing there with a basket waiting for a tip from those that went in. I feel so bad for them, so of course I tipped. After I got past all of that, everything else was great.
We got on this huge catamaran and went to a reef to snorkel. I guess it took about 20 minutes to get there. They supply the snorkels and life jackets. They go out with you and watch everyone to keep it safe. There were people that didn't know how to swim or snorkel. So they gave snorkel lessons and went out with them. I didn't snorkel but did get in to swim. It was nice. Water was pretty. After about 45 minutes we left for the Falls which took another 20 minutes to get there.

The Falls are awesome! I saw a picture of the Falls 15 years ago and said one day I WILL see and climb them! I'm so glad I did! You get into groups of about 20 people, to one guide, and hold hands as you work your way up 900ft of falls. My son in law, Ryan, was in front of me pulling me up and my husband, Kelly, was behind me pushing me up! It was so much fun! They will let you stop and take some pics but not for long. Lots and lots of people trying to climb the falls. There are places along the falls where you can get out if you get tired and just watch the goings on or take the steps and go down. It took us an hour to climb to the top but I really wasn't that tired and it didn't seem like an hour. Once you are at the top, you go down the stairs to the bottom. There is a restaurant and shops there but we didn't have time to do anything because Cool Runnings only give you 1:15 minutes to get back to boat. If you just want to look at the Falls and not climb them, you can from the beach area or from the stairs. Also, you can just spend time on the beach or at the shops or restaurant. Whatever you choose. Don't forget water shoes. It is a must!

Once back on the catamaran, the party begins and you are ready for it to begin. They start the music and offering drinks. You could have rum punch, beer, water and I believe soft drinks. You can have as many as you want. They also offered Pringle chips (small cans) for $2.00. It would be a good idea to bring snacks with you because you are hungry after all the activity you have had. The crew does a great job including everyone on the catamaran in the music and dancing. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed the sail back to the dock which took about 40 minutes.

We loaded back on the bus and headed back to the resort with 1 bathroom break. We didn't have to stop at any other resorts because our resort filled the entire bus. We arrived back about 6:00pm.

Our group really enjoyed our experience at the Falls and the catamaran sail and snorkel. Bring money for snacks and tips. They don't ask for tips but just a little helps a lot. As my husband reminded me, they have to eat too!

Go to the Falls and share this awesome experience with someone you know. Then you can say "I did it! I climbed the Falls".

Visited June 2014
CoolRunningsCruiseJA, Manager at Cool Runnings Catamaran Cruises Jamaica, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
We are delighted that you enjoyed your day with us at Cool Runnings Catamarans Jamaica!

It sounds like you really enjoyed Dunn's River Falls which is a great attraction as well. Thank you so much for choosing to sail with us and for taking the time to write this review :)
Tx
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fun day!”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The bus picked us on time and on the way to the place we stopped at a couple of small stores to rest for 10 - 15 mins. These stores sell expensive things and drinks. Make sure to pack some drinks on the way there bc it a good hour drive, especially with kids. Once we get to the place is lunch time, so we ate a little since the tour included meal. Then they took us to the Dunn's River Fall and once we're done with the fall then heading back to snorkeling. From the Dunn's River Fall to the snorkeling place is not too far. We did that for about 30 mins then heading back to the boat. Heading back is when they started to serving alcohols and music. You can bring your own snorkeling gear or borrow for no charge. At the Dunn's River you will need to have water shoe. You can buy one or rent one for $5. Oh, don't forget to put on a lot of sunblocks and this is an all day event. On the boat they selling small bag of chips for $2 and make sure to bring dollar bills for tips.

Visited June 2014
CoolRunningsCruiseJA, Manager at Cool Runnings Catamaran Cruises Jamaica, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
So happy you enjoyed your day! Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we appreciate that you chose Cool Runnings Catamarans Jamaica for your sailing tour :)
Sherborne, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“brilliant”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

we have been on loads of trips around the world, and this was by far one of my favourite, first stop snorkelling really good next stop dunn river falls amazing, ten back on the catamaran for the homeward party with rum and dancing was a bit wobbly to say the least when we got off little to much rum I think brilliant thanks again Adrian and Sarah

Visited April 2014
We are so happy that you chose to sail with Cool Runnings Catamarans Jamaica and that your stay with us was so enjoyable! Thank you for writing this review :)
Boston, Massachusetts
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Catamaran with snorkeling and waterfalls climb”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We did this on our honeymoon. We bought water shoes for me on the way at the shops the bus stopped at (price was negotiable at outdoor stand). The jerk chicken lunch they provided was great. The snorkeling was not much different from the stuff we were seeing off the beach at our resort. We are not sure the snorkeling was worth it. The catamaran ride was really fun. The waterfalls were crowded. They were pretty but I think there must be some less commercialized falls to climb if you find a local to take you. It was a fun day off the resort. Candy, our guide, was great.

Visited May 2014