“Excellent but BEWARE of the Vendors”

Cool Runnings Catamaran Cruises Jamaica
Jamaica Dunn's River Falls Party Cruise with Snorkeling
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed February 15, 2004

The Dunns River Falls is a fantastic day trip for quite able bodied active people (we holidayed in Negril 4 - 11th Nov 2003). They are FREEZING cold and the sensible shoes are a must however these can be bought / hired at the falls. What I will say was the only thing that spolied our day was the market vendors in the stalls outside, they were extremely pushy and intimidating, one of them even asked our names as though he was being friendly and then scrawled them onto some carvings he had made which made us feel like we had no option but to buy them, albeit not at the price he first quoted. It is people like him that give Jamaica a bad name, try and avoid this market and go back through the entrance if possible. Otherwise enjoy the falls!

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Cool Runnings Catamaran Cruises Jamaica

Oklahoma City, OK
Reviewed February 15, 2004

We went to the Dunn's River Falls on the 10 Feb 04, and we had a fantastic time climbing through the falls. Only wish we had purchased the videotape that made of the group climbing at 1030am.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Paltz, NY
Reviewed February 9, 2004

My family and I just got back home last night from a wonderful cruise.
One of the islands visited was Ocho Rios, Jamacia. One of the things that I wanted to do there was to see Dunn's River Falls and I did. We took a $10 bus ride to the falls and paid $10 admission. They do accept the American dollar. If you go then make sure you remember your bus number for the return trip. We watched a few people climb the falls with their guides and took a few photographs. Half an hour is more than enough time for your visit, unless you are actually climbing the falls.
I would like to go back.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 29, 2004

It was an absolute fantastic experience! I would highly recommend visitings the Dunn's River Falls.
If you go to Jamaica and don't go to the falls you have truly missed
out on one of the greatest experiences! Once you get to the top you
really feel like you have accomplished something!!! The tour guides are
wonderful and how do they ever remember which camera belongs to which
person? But they do and the pictures turned out awesome. I would return
to Jamaica just for the falls. Truly worth it and unforgetable!!!
Thanks for an experience that I'll never forget! Lisa Cook

15  Thank lcookierenai
Allentown, PA via England
Reviewed January 14, 2004

When ever I visit my family in Jamaica, I have to go back to Dunns River Falls, it's more fun each time!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member