Tripadvisor

A must do Tour!

Reviewed November 17, 2019
7CSTravelClub
Sabattus, Maine

Recommended experiences in and around Jamaica
from $61.54
from $50.00
from $51.29
from $30.00
More Info
All reviews coffee beans elbow pads coffee making coffee growing school children safety equipment pot holes tour ended beautiful scenery fun trip take pictures highlight of our trip montego bay bikes helmets demonstration pedaling
Selected filters
Reviewed November 29, 2019 via mobile

The drivers of buses take too many chances with peoples lives. We thought they would get in wreck several times. I don’t care how many times they drive up and down mountain, a tire blow out would be devastating. Who do they think they are? Gambling with others lives is wrong!

Reviewed November 22, 2019

Interesting trip get to see a different part of Jamaica. Long ride up there but they stop part way up for rest stop. Had a breakfast meal and lunch. The road was bumpy in places. They made you put on helmet n knee and elbow pads; you got to pick your own bike. Beautiful trip down. Several Waterfalls and the leader stopped several times to point out things. We did stop at the school to watch them dance and they did ask for donations but not pushy. At the end was the water fall and pool. Several of r group went in but the water was very cold. There was a small place to change. Was a great tour and did take up all day.

Date of experience: November 2019
BMBT, Marketing Assistant at Blue Mountain Bicycle Tour, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2019

Dear Kenneth A

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback of your 'Fun Trip' here on TripAdvisor. It means a lot to us you mentioned that 'it was a great tour.'

Thanks for emphasizing that it is a safe tour as wearing helmet and other safety gears are mandatory. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 20, 2019

The bus driver left us down. We were told to wait for bus driver in the lobby at 7am and we did. The lobby and front desk staff told us the bus driver did not come to the lobby. The bus driver left us down and it cost us $40 US dollars to catch up with the bus. After the day trip, all the guest from our hotel told us that the bus driver did not go to the hotel lobby. We were not reimbursed for the taxi.

Other than that the tour was ok. Bikes were old but the bakes worked very well. Meals were ok, vegetarian breakfast and chicken and rice for lunch.

Walk with a lot of extra money to spend on tips. The school you visit will ask for money, all tour guides will ask for tips (4-5 guides) and the bus driver will request tips. Coffee is $50 US a bag. Pictures are $35 US (emailed).

Reviewed November 19, 2019 via mobile

All these reviews are fake. They are a horrible scam. I paid $300.00 to take this tour with my friend and they never took me. I was waiting for their call all morning. I woke up at 6:00 in the morning and waited for their call informing me their driver was in my hotel lobby waiting to pick me up. I never recieved the call, an email or any contact of the driver being their. After calling the company number several times to see what is going on they finally anwered and told me it was too late the driver already left. Now they are unwilling to give me a refund or a refund of any kind. I feel duped, scammed and robbed. Not only did they rob me, they also ruined one of my very few days in Jamaica.

Date of experience: November 2019
BMBT, Director of Sales at Blue Mountain Bicycle Tour, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2019

It is very unfortunate that you have taken to this platform to mislead potential customers. The truth of the incident is outlined below.

1. Our driver Markland Harvey, spent the better part of 40 minutes at your hotel trying to reach your room, making him late for all the pick ups he had that morning.

2. You wrote us a letter the very morning that you wanted to cancel the tour because you were of the opinion that it would rain that day.

It is not our intention to argue with any customer, but we are of the opinion that the truth is essential, as the jobs of over forty five people depend on it. It is very unfortunate that you changed your mind and did not turn up for our driver to pick you up. We are further sorry that our cancellation policy does not suit you.

When picking up from Montego Bay our driver leaves Ocho Rios at 4 a.m.

Reviewed November 17, 2019

This is an all day tour but worth the time. The ride over is long, but so beautiful. You get to see other parts of Jamaica and the views from the ride up the mountain were unbelievable gorgeous. The ride up the mountain on the bus can be a little scary, but we were all safe. The ride down on the bike could be bumpy in some areas but just breath taking with the waterfalls. It rained on our tour but it was still so beautiful. One of the best tours I have taken in Jamaica. The waterfall at the end is nice but you don't get to go swimming and this is where all the vendors come at you. Not the best way to end a trip, but if you can get past this, it is well worth it. They allow you to go into the water by the falls to get your picture taken and that was worth it. They will sell you a package with pictures at the end of the trip. I recommend it because it's difficult constantly stopping to take pictures of what you see. They have a specialist within the group that does that and you get pictures of yourself. They are careful to take pictures of everyone. A great memory to have.

Date of experience: May 2019
BMBT, Marketing Assistant at Blue Mountain Bicycle Tour, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2019

Dear 7CSTravelClub

Thank you very much for sharing your travel experience you had with us at Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours with others here on Trip Advisor. The fact that you mention that our tour was one of the best you had taken in Jamaica means a lot to us!

Thanks for recommending our picture package as this is our aim for all our guests to have uninterrupted fun and adventure, then at the end have pictures of cherish memories. Thanks for assuring other readers that the coach ride was safe as our drivers are professional and experience.

Our drivers and tour guides always make it a point of duty to inform our guest about the vendors at the waterfall, just get past them the vendors as you mentioned and take a dip in the fountain of youth. Thanks again for all your positive feedback and we are looking forward to seeing you again on this 'A MUST DO TOUR!'