Well disappointing to say the least... when i first got there they had messed up the reservation. So they wanted to charge me more than double the price for the extra day i originally booked so i had to leave a day early and find my own accommodation for the last night.
First of some of the staff are very rude including the manager (except the chefs and room keeping) and have an attitude problem and didn't want to take responsibility for any of their mistakes.
They don't have a First Aid Kit at the reception, it is locked away with the manager and when someone had an accident the manager was out of office so was unable to assist. I'm sure that is against the law.
They have a pool and no jacuzzi (lifeguard said has not been used in over 5 years), their pool bar is not in use, no entertainment and not allowed to play music poolside.
We was told that most of the rooms are privately owned and people actually live in them so the owners don't want no noise and Mystic ridge only own 24 rooms in the hotel.
While we was there they booked a wedding and notified us 12 hours before and closed the pool at 12 in the afternoon and was out of use until the following morning.
The manager said they don't do all inclusive and you can't book all inclusive online but if you look on all the websites it offers all inclusive. So breakfast was included but lunch and dinner we had to get from outside the resort.
The breakfast is supposed to be buffet but is managed by the chefs who dishes your food and rations it and you have to continually ask for more
One of the most dangerous things is they do not have regular access to certified taxis 24 hours so when you go out its up to you to find your own transport. A couple of ladies went out and got verbally attacked by a local for refusing their approach while walking back to the resort because the resort couldn't offer a certified taxi. It could have been a different story so very thankful but not to Mystic.
The only good thing about staying at Mystic Ridge is it is a great location, near town centre and some nightlife and bars and the rooms are very nice size, clean and refreshing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern gated complex complete with swimming pool, bar area, restaurant and tennis court. Air conditioned rooms with jacuzzi with king and queen side beds. Can sleep up to 8 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Mystic Ridge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crane Ridge Hotel Ocho Rios
- Mystic Ridge Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios