All reviews sky explorer bed and breakfast cable tv zip line montego bay loft property marsha ride
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel is located right next to the Ruins at the Falls Restaurant. It's also right next to Ocho Rios Jerk Center, Dunns River Falls, and the duty free shopping plazas.

It's perched on top of a hill, so the view overlooking Ocho Rios is great. I stayed at this hotel twice. Actually, they hosted my wedding party back in August, 2009. They gave us a group discount. The rooms are clean and the furnishings are moderate. They do have a restaurant on site that serves continental and Jamaican hot breakfast. The continental breakfast is included in the rates, but you have to purchase the Jamaican hot breakfast.

There's also a pool and tennis court onsite. Staff is friendly and courteous. I had no problem with this hotel, and that's why I stayed there twice. If you are looking for a central location with a great view and affordable price, then it's worth it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Trudy F
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Located in the heart of Ocho Rios, Mystic Ridge is an affordable option. My husband and I stayed in a standard room. The decor is the rooms is minimal but modern, and the room was very clean.

Note - this property is not on the beach, but rather up a moderately steep hill. It's very close to the shopping centres Taj Mahal and Island Village, as well as to Dunn's River.

You also receive discounted entry to Mystic Mountain when staying at this property.

Breakfast is included in the rate, and while convenient, I thought the food was just all right. Service however was good. We only stayed for one night and had no complaints at all.

Definitely recommend this property if you are looking for somewhere central to stay that won't break the bank.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank monsiie
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed at Mystic Ridge for 5 nights in May. It was a pleasure staying here. The service was excellent and the location was the best! I would definitely recommend upgrading to the ocean front room. When we first arrived we were a bit disappointed with the lack of view we had. The TV was also not working so we chose to upgrade rooms for $25 a night. It was definitely worth the extra money. The view was stunning and the room was a lot more spacious. The rooms were always very clean each day and the service was excellent. The property was very pretty and the landscaping was well maintained. Overall, it was really great value!
PROS: Cleanliness
Room
Location
CONS:
Lack of hot water/water pressure
*We preferred to walk to the beach to save some money but we were often pressured to take the "free shuttle" but we felt we had to leave a tip.

Make sure you eat at the Jerk Center right next door to the hotel. It is excellent food and super cheap!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed at Mystic Ridge as a part of the Groupon promotion for 3 days in March while visiting family in Jamaica. Overall it was a positive experience the hotel is beautiful.

Rooms - Our room was modern and clean, just as the photos from the website. We stayed in a standard room and were perfectly happy with that. We had some issues with the TV and as soon as we let the reception know they had it fixed.

June Plum - We had breakfast at the on-site restaurant every day. It was very good, there are not a large number of options but I was happy with breakfast each morning. We ate dinner at the restaurant on our first night. It was very good, but it was expensive in comparison to eating in town. For the rest of our stay we chose to have lunch and dinner in Ocho Rios.

Location - I felt the location was really nice. Even though it was not on the beach the view of Ocho Rios was beautiful and the pool was very nice. The hill that the hotel is on is extremely steep, as many others have mentioned. It was a good workout going up and down. The hotel is really close to Dunn's River Falls which is awesome. Our cab driver charged us $3000 or about $30 to go there and back. It was a little pricey for the short distance, but he just gave us his number and we paid on the way home which was really nice.

Spa - On the trip I really wanted to get my nails done. After trying to book an appointment for two days (The person who does the spa services kept saying she would be there and then cancelling) I finally just went into Ocho Rios and got them done for about $5 at a place called Faces and Fingers, so I was happy with that. I was just a little put off by the fact that the other woman said she would be there. I would have been happier if she just said she was unavailable in the first place.

What to do? - We were only there for 4 days, 3 nights so we managed to keep busy. Dunn's River Falls is a must! We took advantage of the free ride up mystic mountain it was beautiful up there. We had lunch at the restaurant which was good, beautiful view from every table. You can also zipline, swim or go on the bobsled ride. We also walked around Ocho Rios for a bit, I didn't purchase anything because the same things can be bought in other cities for much cheaper, and we had the ability to go there, but there were a lot of options for shopping. We found the hotel to be kind of boring at night, I don't think there were many people staying there. We would have a drink at the bar at night, but it would usually just be us and the bartender chatting. We turned in pretty early each night and chose to get up early and take advantage of the benefits of an early start. (When we went to Dunn's River we got there around opening and began climbing the falls after about a half an hour. Once we started a few groups had begun climbing up with us. By the time we finished the entire falls was FULL of people. When we left there was a HUGE line of people waiting to go. I would highly recommend going early, it was worth it! )

Overall it was a great mini gettaway during our vacation. I would definitely consider staying at Mystic Ridge again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Mystic ridge in an ideal place to stay if you plan to see Ocho Rios without a car. We stayed in a penthouse room, very clean, no bugs. We walked daily to downtown no problem its right in the middle between ruins restaurant and Ocho Rios jerk.The hill is very steep but that is the only complaint. There is a onsite restaurant ok for breakfast but not great. The pool onsite is a good size and is cleaned daily. There is also a swim up bar. You can can to duty free shops at the taj mahal shopping center, with a cambio location if you need it. Island Village shops short walk.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms closer to back of property you can hear the waterfalls from the ruins from your balcony
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family