“Mohans Jewellery Store”

London, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mohans Jewellery Store”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Just had to come on here and share the great experience we had at Mohan's Jewellery Store in Ocho Rios. My wife and I were on vacation in Jamaica staying at the Jewel resort. I wanted to surprise her with a new diamond ring while we were there to replace a ring that was lost. I had called the store prior to our departuture from Canada just to let them know that we would be coming by for a visit. They offered us shuttle service to and from our resort which was great. When we arrived there was Sophie & Shaun there to greet us. What amazing staff they have!!! They listen to everything my wife had to say and was able to come up with the perfect ring for her!!! They were truely amazing and so were thier prices!!! We recently had the ring appraised and it was valued at triple of what we payed. So please people if you are looking for that something special for your loved one please visit them you won't be disappointed!!! To Sophie and Shaun a big thanks to you guys again you provided is with a memory that we will never forget and we look forward to seeing you next year.

John & Ann
from London Ontario Canada

Visited October 2013
1 Thank John M

Boston
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A fantastic tour with Dwain Bailey”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My family and I took a Royal Caribbean cruise back in April, and this review is long over due. Dwain picked us up right off of the boat and off we were. We took his air-conditioned van throughout the island, and the entire time Dwain was interacting with us and giving us the history and background of the island. Dwain took Dunn's falls and afterwards to a breathtaking view of Ochos Rios right near Mick Jagger's house. From there we traveled to a tourist friendly shopping center and then went to an authentic Jamaican restaurant for lunch. The food was amazing and my brother and I to this day have been trying to hunt down some more festivals. And finally to top off the day my family and I tubed down the White River, and were escorted to an almost private beach with fresh fruit. The excursion was easily my favorite part of the cruise and my family and I absolutely 100% suggest Dwain as a tour guide. He is a genuinely great guy that always kept it interesting and was enthusiastic. By the end of the day it was sad to say goodbye. But overall it was a fantastic tour with a fantastic guide, and if I visit Jamaica again, there's one guide that we will try to book again, and that is Dwain Bailey.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Sam P
Toronto, Canada
“Mohan's Jewellery”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My mom and I happened upon Mohan's Jewellery store in Soni's Plaza and we extremely happy with the entire experience. The staff all worked well together - smiling and helping make our shopping very pleasant. The store very clean and beautifully laid out. I purchased a stunning chocolate/white diamond ring set in rose gold. I had a little problem with it after I arrived at home (Canada) and I emailed Gary at the store and he took care of everything. I had my ring fixed and it is happily back on my finger all thanks to the great customer service I continued to receive once I got back home. I would recommend this duty free shopping experience to everyone - much better prices/services - than any of the cruise ship endorsed jewellery stores.

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Culture, food, and scenery--getting around the "real" ocho rios with cheap & excellent tour operator”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

There are some really cool spots in the Ocho Rios area and hired a wonderful tour guide, Gary, for the day who gave us a private tour (we had the tour bus to ourselves) to see the surrounding towns and sights like the locals do. We went to Bob Marley's (birth house & mausoleum) on 'mount zion'; climbed Dunns river falls; went into the towns St. Ann & Ocho Rios; drove through the Fern Gully (wow); got some of the best patties and jerk chicken on the island, and more. Gary was a referral to us from friends and had much more competitive rates compared to the hotel/other-organized tour rates. He took us everywhere door-to-door personally, walked with us everywhere, making sure we were comfortable and that no one ripped us off. Really took good care of us. Gary gave us a bit of island history, lots of culture, and overall, added a lot of flavour to our "resort" vacation. What a great guy. I would highly recommend doing a tour with him, he also provides airport transfers to your hotel for cheaper than other operators. Took his card: Gary at (1876)567.4127 or garycampbell410@yahoo.com. He has since taken many of our friends and family around the island. Everyone comes back raving about the wonderful, hardworking, and professional guy Gary is. You will not be disappointed.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank HGPJ
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dwain Bailey Tours- amazing tour guide”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

For a private tour fit to your needs, check out Dwain Tours. He was friendly, so much knowledge, we felt comfortable with him. He was amazing with our two year old. Dwain did the tour as we requested and wont hesitate to recommend him. Got to buy the cream rum in the stores he felt had the best deals. Got so see so much in debt of the city than with a large crowd tour. His price is rightt!!

Visited April 2013