“Superb selection of Jamaican cuisine at great prices!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miss T's

Miss T's
Ranked #4 of 109 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb selection of Jamaican cuisine at great prices!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Miss T's is a charming mom and pop restaurant representing the best of Jamaican cuisine. It is truly a Jamaican experience without the tourist pricing. You have not experienced Ocho Rios 100%, unless you eaten at Miss T,s.

• Visited June 2013

Ocho Rios, Saint Ann, Jamaica
“Excellent local restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The food is excellent. the chef has many awards in Jamaica and from abroad.
Value for money is great.

Try veggies or coconut shrimp, it’s hard to find them so good in Jamaica.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Veronika Z
Duluth, Georgia
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was surprised by the quality of the food. There was only one staff, he cooked, made drinks and served the food. The cocktails were average. We had a nice time and the atmosphere was great. Be prepared to wait!

Visited May 2013
Kingston, Jamaica
“Tasty Curry, Awful Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Seemingly pleasant host seated us... I ordered Miss T's Curry Goat which was tasty, while my cousins ordered the Oxtail. The meals were good, right portions and the presentation was good. Nice little ambiance, which was a major contrast from the activities & look of Main Street, Ocho Rios.

However, the sour point of our experience was the service, our host/ waiter/ bartender/ cashier completely ignored my table, despite calls from my cousin, to wait hand and foot on the "fairer" guests. My cousins were livid! To add insult to injury, his tip (gratuity) was already calculated into the bill and he did not deserve it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MemeLove_876
Silver Spring, MD
“Miss T's Kitchen - Great Place for Special Events, Dinner, Family, Friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I found Miss T's Kitchen on the Internet while searching for a place to have our son's pre-wedding dinner/reception. Miss T's was not then on the Tripadvisor website as one of the Ocho Rios restaurants, so I had to look around a bit. Although we are frequent visitors to Jamaica, we had not yet been to JKiss T's, and most of the family and friends who came for the wedding had never been to Jamaica. We wanted to give them a real local Jamaican experience - we believe the best places to eat when you travel are where the local folk eat. I talked to three restaurants listed on Tripadvisor, emailed and called them. Only one manager responded from those restaurants. Miss T, however, emailed, personally called and worked with me, always with a "no problem, don't worry, we will take care of you" comment. We ate there the night before the pre-wedding dinner.Delicious - and evene though by the time we arrived (9 pm or later) they were out of what I wanted to eat, they promised to have it for me the next night. Although Miss T was not there the first night, her staff went the extra mile and took extra special care of my wife and I. The night of the big dinner, Miss T personally greeted us at the entrance to her restaurant when we arrived, served our meal, oversaw all the arrangements from the kitchen to the dining room - nothing was too small or too big a request. I absolutely love this place and we absolutely love Miss T. The owner, the staff, the decorations, the open air dining area, everyone and everything come together to make you feel like you are not only at home, but that you are loved.

DO NOT MISS this restaurant when you are in Ocho Rios! Its the BEST!

Andre' Carrington