“Shaw Park Hotel Is Awsome!”

Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Iowa
“Shaw Park Hotel Is Awsome!”
Reviewed November 4, 2009

Ive been to Jamaica many times and I always stay at this hotel. I love the laid back atmosphere,the people, the fine food and most of all the beaches. I get the all-inclusive package so I never have to worry about a thing. I highly reccomend this hotel. I also reccomend going to Dunn's River Falls, totally awsome!

• Stayed February 2006, traveled solo
1 Thank dustylee2323

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Of the beaten path..
private beaches
awesome food!!
This was a while back, but I have had friends visit there since.
My visit was in June 1993, that year was not an option above...

Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Mission
Reviewed June 24, 2009

After reading mixed reviews we decided to give SPH a go. For those who want the Super Club feel, this is not for you. You won't find loud booming music and noisey crowds. What you will find is the best beach area I have ever seen, great staff and really good food. It's not a big cement compound like many resorts. Beach front like no other, a beautiful area that makes you experience the true beauty of Jamaica. The rooms are kept very clean, and like I said the staff are wonderful. The downside however, the place needs some upkeep in the maintenance area and this is being worked on. The resort is having an overview to see how they can improve. Not crowded, quiet and relaxing but in need of a facelift in some areas.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MissionSoulsinger
BFE
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I could not have dreamed this one up. I had such an amazing time at Shaw Park. I came in with no expectations and left with some incredible memories and experiences. The staff at SPBH are some real characters. I learned more about Jamaica and the culture by just sitting at the pool bar than I did the entire time I spent in Ocho Rios. The hotel is "out there" and it is a hell of a lot better than being surrounded by tourists in my opinion. I really want to go back there... NOW!!! best trip I've taken in a long time!
p.s. the food was really good! and the bar opens at 10am!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KristiJD
florida
Reviewed May 8, 2009

The service at Shaw Park was great. Every morning the breakfast was excellant and the service friendly. The rooms were two bedrooms, sitting area and a small kitchen. It was amazing to open the patio door every morning and be on the beach. The hotel's location was close to all the attractions.

3 Thank jewels25
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 3, 2009

My favorite is to wake up in the mornings and pull the curtains to the sliding glass doors. PARADISE!!!!- you are leterally 10 steps to the sandy beach. Open the doors and just hear the calm of the beach and take a breath of fresh air. The rooms (we stayed in a suite) are HUGE and are eqquipped with kitchens and it makes you feel that you are in a tropical paradise. The staff are friendly-bartender Smiley & waiter Marvin. The food I liked as they served American & Jamaican which gave you a choice. The pool is large and was clean at all times. We had a fabolous time and plan on staying there again!!!!

2 Thank JaJagirl
miami, fl
Reviewed May 3, 2009

My friends and I checked in on April 15th on vacation from Florida, we chose this hotel mainly because we wanted to have a relaxing vacation. This hotel was exactly the place for that. The room rates were fair, it was 4 of us so we booked a suite. upon checking in, the view from the lobby was absolutely breathtaking with the aqua blue ocean being the perfect backdrop. The staff was warm, friendly and extremely helpful; nothing but pleasant smiles and always checking to make sure our visit was going great. The room was clean & spacious. Our suite was on the first floor, so naturally the living room had sliding glass doors that opened out to a quaint patio area just a few steps away from white sandy beach. The pool was large, clean and refreshing. no muss, no fuss. The food was fantastic and the spa was relaxing. overall we had a perfect vacation.
Toni,

SeaGarden Beach Resort
#20 of 61 in Montego Bay
Fun Holiday Beach Resort
SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril

Been to Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!