Just stayed at Shaw Park Hotel, and while we thoroughly enjoyed our weekend, there were some drawbacks. First the bad news: the hotel could do with a face lift. Little things that don't work. And, being a vegetarian, I could not get a good meal for lunch or dinner, though breakfast was had good choices. Eventually I spoke with the chef, and that gave me a delicious dinner on the last night. The good news is that it is in a terrific location, all rooms face the ocean, and you have the ideal Caribbean scenery, palm trees waving in the balmy breeze, the sea right at your doorstep, and a lovely open patio where they serve meals as you listen to the ocean waves. Comparatively speaking, the price is good, and that makes up for the glitches. I would recommend it, but don't expect five star. Location is good, and security is very good. Dunns River Falls is just five minutes away, and an awesome sight. But, go early, at 9am, if you are going on your own, so you can be ahead of the hordes of tourists, and be able to see it without humans all over the falls. And, ask at the front desk for a visit to Shaw Park Gardens. A truly magnificent example of a Caribbean paradise.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel And Spa
- Shaw Park Jamaica
- Shaw Park Beach Ocho Rios
- Shaw Park Hotel Jamaica
- Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa Jamaica/Ocho Rios